Panerai watches

Musician

Aug 24, 2007
Hi all

I'm looking to buy a Panerai for DH for our upcoming anniversary. :heart:

I have friends visiting from London and HK soon and I was thinking of asking them to help me purchase the watch in London/HK as Panerai watches are always sold out here in Singapore although I'm told that shipments are coming in June.

Does anyone know if Panerai prices are better in London or HK, or even Singapore?

I have one that I purchased in Hong Kong. I was able to get 10% off but I hear that the usual is 5% if any discount at all. There is no sales tax in Hong Kong and I'm guessing that since the HKD is quite weak now it would be best to purchase in Hong Kong. In London you can get some of the VAT back but that must be through non-residents and they must fill in forms. Also, I think you get something like 10% back and not all of the 17.5%

The pound seems rather high now but with the tax rebate it might be worth it. Sorry if I wasn't much help! I hope you DH enjoys his present! I love my Panerai and wear it almost daily ;)

Thanks toiletduck and clearstatic, for replying. I'm still shopping around for the right model. DH seems to like the radiomir but I like the luminor marina. Oh well, guess I should go with his taste since he will be wearing it!

I know 2 jewelers in London who are authorized dealer for Panerai
David Morris in Selfridges ( 400 Oxford street )
0044 207 318 3531
Watches of Switzerland ( 69 Brompton road, Knightsbridge )
0044 207 581 7037
Why don't you call both and compare prices

My husband just bought on of these, 18k Rose gold one. He went on a trip to London and one of the hands fell off lol it's taking 2 months already and it still isn't back

I have one that I purchased in Hong Kong. I was able to get 10% off but I hear that the usual is 5% if any discount at all. There is no sales tax in Hong Kong and I'm guessing that since the HKD is quite weak now it would be best to purchase in Hong Kong. In London you can get some of the VAT back but that must be through non-residents and they must fill in forms. Also, I think you get something like 10% back and not all of the 17.5%

The pound seems rather high now but with the tax rebate it might be worth it. Sorry if I wasn't much help! I hope you DH enjoys his present! I love my Panerai and wear it almost daily ;)

As it turns out, I'm going to Hk this weekend for work!! Just in time! :yahoo:Toiletduck, if you don't mind, can I check where you bought your Panerai in HK?

Sure! My shop is in Causeway Bay across from Times Square. However, it is a small non-elegant store and they may or may not have the Panerai you like. The name of the store in Chinese literally translates to "Big Shanghai". It is NOT the one of the corner but you can check that one too.

There is also one watch store, Elegant Watches, in Times Square. They have a good rep and have many stores around Hong Kong. You can haggle for a bit of a discount but Panerais are difficult to get discounts from. I hope these help!

Hmm i got my DH a panerai from this website interwatches.com it was awhile back oct 2007 but he loves it. I live in the USA but they ship worldwide. good luck.

Hi All

I am looking to buy a Panerai watch..I have checked with all the authorized dealer in Singapore (Cortina, Hour Glass, Sincere)...but they dun seem to have them in stock..I'm interested in the luminor base or luminor marina..

Somehow, I managed to find a shop in Far East Plaza called Watch Link that sells Panerai watches..And they seemed to have most of the luminor base and luminor marina model in stock.

I am just wondering if anyone has experience in doing business with them?? Are they reliable to purchase Panerai watch from?