Pandora vs. Chamilia vs. Troll beads

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I just jumped on the bead bandwagon and have both a Pandora and a Chamilia bracelet with a couple of beads on them - I find the Pandora beads "classier" and the Camilia beads more fun and flashy - seems the beads appeal to me more like the bejeweled seahorse bead. Am also curious about Troll beads.
Just wondering which beads are the "original" and which ones you ladies perefer.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianam84
From what I understand, Troll Beads are the original. I think Pandora came into the market second, and Chamilia came in third.

You've probably already noticed that Chamilia and Pandora beads and bracelets are fairly interchangeable. It is my understanding that Troll Beads don't fit on the Pandora or Chamilia bracelets. However, Pandora and Chamilia charms will fit on the Troll bracelets.

I only just started a Pandora bracelet, and I am happy with it. Chamilia has some cute stuff, so I guess it's a matter of preference. I, too, have noticed that Chamilia has a larger variety of flashy/blingy beads.

I feel like the pandora charms look more grown up than the chamilia just because those ones have a lot of colour and stones and everything that I don't normally like in jewellery

In my opinion:

Pandora: Classic, classy, clean, sophisticated
Chamelia: Young, blingy, bright, cutesy
Troll: Funky, mystical, gothic, earthy

Personally I love Pandora and Troll. I find the Chamelia a little too cutesy for me.

Pandora for me.They look better quality, look better designed & grown up.There are the odd ones from other brands I have seen that are nice, but overall Pandora get my vote!

I believe it's Pandora that imitated Troll. Troll was the first and one brother stayed with Troll. The other brother started Pandora. IMO, there is a bit of Pandora snobbery that's not really founded. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pandora products. I just find it strange when store reps. from Pandora go out of their way to bash Chamilia and Troll. If one has a preference, that's fine. Promoting their products is fine too. Statements like Chamilia not being solid sterling etc aren't necessary and reflect poorly on Pandora.

Hi Everyone, I'm very new to the Pandora charm trend. I got my first bracelet for Christmas and my Husband had fun putting charms on it. I'm now hooked and looking at some Chamilia beads also and already planing the next bracelet. Is there a place to see what are limited and what have already retired? My bracelet does not have a theme other then charms that hold meaning and what I liked. I'm not doing the 14kt yellow gold since I have a ton of yellow gold and wanted to build my silver/white gold collection and I find the prices for the yellow gold pieces a bit over the top. This is something that seems to be very fun to do and enjoy without going broke. I know my hubby is very happy with this...LOL Any info or guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I think that none of these companies have enough choices, so it's common to mix beads as long as they fit. I have a couple of Pandora bracelets, but I love the Biagi (italian beads that fit Pandora) and the OHM (also threaded and fit Pandora). OHM uses Austrian crystals where Pandora uses CZ's. I think the colors are richer in the crystals, but I like the freedom of choosing from different makers.

I hate how the Pandora SA's will point out to customer's that your 1 year warrantee is voided if you add other than Pandora beads on your bracelet. For one thing, it's stupid since all you have to do is remove the non-pandora beads before bringing your bracelet in, and for another thing it's like being told what you can do with a bracelet that you own - in a free country. They are so afraid of competition.

I don't think that Pandora is necessarily any better than Chamilia, Biagi, etc. But they are absolutely genius in their marketing.

I prefer Trollbeads because it is what I first noticed. At the time, they were the only company with glass beads and I think their beads have the best detailing and imagery.

I have a Pandora bracelet with 9 Pandora beads and clips, and 5 Chamilia beads and locks. I do prefer the Pandora line, but Chamilia does make some gorgeous designs. I love they way they look side by side, even Pandora retailers rarely spot the odd ones out.

It is with great sadness that I am thinking of giving up Trollbeads. As much as I like the range of glass beads and the fantastical appearance of the silver, its just too expensive!

Pandora are pricey, especially with the new price hike, but in comparison to Trollbeads they're still better value IMO.

Take, for example, the simple silver heart. Trollbeads one is £41 at the moment - but Troll have yet to put up their prices and I'm informed they will be doing so in the not too distant future. Pandora, however, were selling their simple silver heart for £21 before the price increase! Even now, after the price increase, its still only £30 which is still a lot cheaper than Troll's version.

I also prefer the quality of the Pandora charms. The glass trollbeads are far too easy to imitate and lots of the genuine ones lack any kind of stamp which irritates me. The attention to detail on some of the more fancy ones is also often obscure. I have a Thumbelina with a very ugly wonky eye! They also seem to churn out thousands of "one-of-a-kinds" which I understand are really just samples at the end of the day, that were rejected and never became official beads. Pandora only sells those it thinks are good quality and worthy of their name, and their attention to detail is always spot on.

So I'm going to stick my Trollbeads on ebay and then spend the money on more Pandora I think.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzpan.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzpan.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 38,122
  • zzzzzzzzzzzztroll.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzztroll.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 38,132
I have two of this type of bracelet. One is completely Pandora beads and the other has Pandora beads mixed in with Chamilia. i prefer the Pandora basic bracelet, and appreciate the classic look of some of the Pandora beads. But for sheer variety and fun, I like the Chamilia. IMO, there are great points to both! I've never tried the Troll.