Pandora, is it the ugly step-child?

I just had to smile when I saw this thread's title.

When I first saw this bag, I called it the "FUGLY Bag". It's shape and one handle were just so odd to me. My friend would show me photos of hers and tell me how much she loves it and I would just chuckle at the stories of the fugly.

Well, I have been a Balenciaga addict for about 2 years and I'm getting a serious itch for a Pandora! I tried the small at Neimans two weekends ago and LOVED it!!! It was such a great color, soft and so perfect on me! Alas, the price of $1550 for a small bag held me back.

I think people just don't know what to make of this bag. That was the case for me.

It's truly unique. I think the magic happened when I actually wore it. I saw it before at Neimans but didn't try it on. The next time...when I wore it, I could see how well designed it is. Just hung beautifully!! So comfy!!!

Now, I'm learning more and more about this bag. Haven't got one yet. Need to learn and decide which is the perfect one for my first Pandora.

hrhsunshine said:

When I first saw this bag, I called it the "FUGLY Bag". It's shape and one handle were just so odd to me. My friend would show me photos of hers and tell me how much she loves it and I would just chuckle at the stories of the fugly.

Well, I have been a Balenciaga addict for about 2 years and I'm getting a serious itch for a Pandora! I tried the small at Neimans two weekends ago and LOVED it!!! It was such a great color, soft and so perfect on me! Alas, the price of $1550 for a small bag held me back.

I think people just don't know what to make of this bag. That was the case for me.

It's truly unique. I think the magic happened when I actually wore it. I saw it before at Neimans but didn't try it on. The next time...when I wore it, I could see how well designed it is. Just hung beautifully!! So comfy!!!

Now, I'm learning more and more about this bag. Haven't got one yet. Need to learn and decide which is the perfect one for my first Pandora.

Totally agree, and now I'm the proud owner of one...it's my go to purse for traveling, not counting my herve chapelier

Is the small pandora very small? or it is big enough to stuff all our essentials? I'm thinking of getting the small or medium one. Anyway, i'm not a tall gal.

Is the small pandora very small? or it is big enough to stuff all our essentials? I'm thinking of getting the small or medium one. Anyway, i'm not a tall gal.

The small is a great size for a smaller person...I'm only 5-4. BUT it won't hold all my daily essentials. The Balenciaga City is the perfect daily bag size for me. Now, the small is a bit smaller than that. So I can't consider smalls for my daily...perhaps as an occasional or going out bag, but I don't think I can spend that kind of money for just an occasional bag. It seems most owners go for medium. Look at shots of Reese Witherspoon. I'm guessing she is wearing the small and she is petite.

thanks for your valuable information. If the small pandora is slightly smaller than Bal City, then i don't think i will pick the small! Even City i also feel a bit small for me although i'm a short gal :smile: I normally put a lot of stuff in my bag and i tend to bias on big bag :P

The small is a great size for a smaller person...I'm only 5-4. BUT it won't hold all my daily essentials. The Balenciaga City is the perfect daily bag size for me. Now, the small is a bit smaller than that. So I can't consider smalls for my daily...perhaps as an occasional or going out bag, but I don't think I can spend that kind of money for just an occasional bag. It seems most owners go for medium. Look at shots of Reese Witherspoon. I'm guessing she is wearing the small and she is petite.

On reading the comments, perhaps I should take another look at the Pandora ( which I must confess thought looked pretty ugly in pics online).
I have a Nightingale, and love it.
Maybe this is one bag you need to see IRL.

On reading the comments, perhaps I should take another look at the Pandora ( which I must confess thought looked pretty ugly in pics online).
I have a Nightingale, and love it.
Maybe this is one bag you need to see IRL.

This! Best advice I could give.
I NEVER liked the look of the Pandora when I saw it online, displayed. However, I was always drawn to the slouchy shape when modeled/carried. I could not wrap my head around the concept that this boxy shape when stuffed and slouchy shape when carried were one-and-the-same.

DEFINITELY try it on without the tissue paper inside to gain a better perspective of its relative shape. Beware - once you try it on, you may take one home with you. :graucho: