Pandora Bracelets anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The retailer, where I bought my bracelet, told me that over time the bracelet would stretch alittle.

I was told the same thing when I bought my pandora bracelet recently. The jeweller told me that silver does stretch and that it is likely that the bracelet will stretch a little if I fill it completely with beads (which I do plan to do). I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesnt stretch too much as it already seems a little large (because it is only a third full at the moment). ....

some girls have said theyve been told to expect stretching of 1-2cm (!!!) by some pandora sellers. another person purchased a 17cm braclet which has now stretched to 18.5cm.

if the bracelet has stretched wouldnt that mean the initial length was too tight?? :hrmm:

Mine has stretched by about 2 cm. I have tried to put on all the beads I have on a bracelet builder and it says that my bracelet lenght is FULL, but I still have several beads to add to it. You can get them shortened, I have a friend who has had a few cm removed from hers. I don't mind if my bracelets are loose.

Mine has stretched too, I have had my full one for a year, and one that is 2/3 full - they are both 20 cm (i wear them really loose) and my full one has stretched approx 1 cm - they stretch between all the little links - its really easy to see when I look at both of them to compare!

This is what I was worried about. If it needs to be shortened, do you just take it back too the store? Will it settle, or will it keep strectching under the weight of the beads? I understand it has to have some give in it, but I dont want it to get too big!!!!!

Mine has stretched by about 2 cm. I have tried to put on all the beads I have on a bracelet builder and it says that my bracelet lenght is FULL, but I still have several beads to add to it. You can get them shortened, I have a friend who has had a few cm removed from hers. I don't mind if my bracelets are loose.

oh wow! any idea how much your friend paid to have it shortened? and how many cm's she got taken off?

This is all so much to think about!! My bracelet is very loose, probably too loose cos the jewellers asid it would get tighter as I got more charms so I hope it doesn't get even looser!

There seems to be a real shortage of charms about in the UK at the moment. Any one any idea why? Wondering if its just that so many people got them for xmas. Been trying to get May and June birth stones and can't anywhere!

But it is so nice to be able to share my addiction with you. I had no clue about Pandora until I received it as a Christmas gift from my parents. I only had a few charms and two beads, but in less than a week I did this...pandora bracelet1.jpg

I often go to bed with it on. I stare at it while at work. :love:
I need an intervention. Heehee!

But it is so nice to be able to share my addiction with you. I had no clue about Pandora until I received it as a Christmas gift from my parents. I only had a few charms and two beads, but in less than a week I did this...View attachment 638951

I often go to bed with it on. I stare at it while at work. :love:
I need an intervention. Heehee!

Love your work!

There have been some great (and speedy) creations over the Christmas period.

I wear mine to bed. I'm to lazy to take if off every night.

Velma your bracelet is beautiful!!

I started mine this week (3 days ago) I havent received it yet but since the initial bracelet purchase I have purchased 6 charms(including 1 solid gold)! So much for taking my time, and buying ONLY on special occasions. I cant wait to receive my goodies, Im literally stalking the mailman LOL

I cant wait to see all my "babies" & share:smile: So far the "need" ones were Love Me in MOP,Queen Bee,Crown (my girls call daddy king),My dhs initial,the one with the moon & stars(I call my daughters that),and anything in gold/blue....good G this is going to be an expensive lil'habit. These suckers add up!! but Im sooo looking forward to them:smile:

Nothing but enablers here:graucho::graucho:

Welcome, Velma - what an amusing post! And what a pretty bracelet. You know, as far as collecting beads for special moments... so many of us have things like DH's initial (he was sweet and gave me his initial this holiday), babies, purses, birthstones, pets... those are all special and who cares if we collect in a month or 10 years? Life's too short... shop on!

I think my bracelet might be a bit large. How do you find the right size? The lady at the shop said it needs to be big so when I add beads there will be plenty of room. It's comfortable around my wrist but a part of it keeps sliding down under the palm of my hand and it makes it difficult to work.

I think my bracelet might be a bit large. How do you find the right size? The lady at the shop said it needs to be big so when I add beads there will be plenty of room. It's comfortable around my wrist but a part of it keeps sliding down under the palm of my hand and it makes it difficult to work.

I almost got talked into getting a bracelet too big too. I have very small wrists and went with the 7.1". The sales lady told me that when I add charms, it will make the bracelet tighter. Well, mine is almost full and it still hangs on my wrist. At first it almost fell off my hand. I can't stand wearing things that loose. SO glad I didn't go with the average size of 7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.