Palm Springs PM or MONTSOURIS?

Ryansquared

Nov 1, 2017
What would you get? I like the Palm Springs PM with the red/white/black (if I could find ti) and the Mono Montsouris. Like having a backpack to throw everything in, and trying to decide which will stand the test of time and still look good years down the road. Currently only own the Artsy in Mono.

I’ve had both, a vintage montsouris mm which I actually ended up selling and I now have Palm Springs PM. They are roughly the same size in terms of what you can fit inside.

The montsouris is more feminine looking especially with the straps but I didn’t like getting into it with the buckle and string method. I found it was a hassle which is why i sold it.

I originally bought Palm Springs mini and really liked that you could wear it cross body but it was just too small to be useful which is why I decided on the PM size. I think the backpack is very comfortable and I prefer the zipper opening (though it is still tough on my new model).

I would definitely recommend to visit a store to look at montsouris and see if you prefer that opening. I know many stores don’t have Palm Springs in stock but the PMs are set up functionally like typical backpacks. The new montsouris is also very similar to the vintage ones.

Hope that helps - either way I think the backpacks with LV are very popular and have held their value. Even with the backpack trend lessons, people really like backpacks for travel purposes.

Reactions: Ryansquared
I’ve had both, a vintage montsouris mm which I actually ended up selling and I now have Palm Springs PM. They are roughly the same size in terms of what you can fit inside.

The montsouris is more feminine looking especially with the straps but I didn’t like getting into it with the buckle and string method. I found it was a hassle which is why i sold it.

I originally bought Palm Springs mini and really liked that you could wear it cross body but it was just too small to be useful which is why I decided on the PM size. I think the backpack is very comfortable and I prefer the zipper opening (though it is still tough on my new model).

I would definitely recommend to visit a store to look at montsouris and see if you prefer that opening. I know many stores don’t have Palm Springs in stock but the PMs are set up functionally like typical backpacks. The new montsouris is also very similar to the vintage ones.

Hope that helps - either way I think the backpacks with LV are very popular and have held their value. Even with the backpack trend lessons, people really like backpacks for travel purposes.
Thanks for your reply. I like the functionality of the Palm Springs PM with the zipper, easy no fuss access. I will get to a store soon and check it out first hand. Any chance I can still snag the Red/white/black Palm Springs backpack anywhere? I'm new to the LV world:smile:

I have the montsouris pm and it fits so much, never thought about buying the palm springs because IMO it's a bit too trendy. I can see myself using the montsouris in the well into the future because it's a classic.

Reactions: Ryansquared
I have the Palm Springs MM (slightly bigger) and I love it. It's very functional, fits more than the Montsouris I think, or at least it can fit A4 which to me is very useful for a backpack. The straps are extremely comfortable and also the biggest problem in my backpack - the canvas at the point where they are sewn is cracking. If I were to chose again, I'd still choose that. It helps to not have to care for vachetta,too. Bottomline however - if you want a purse, go for Montsouris, if you want a true backpack,go for Palm Springs.