Palm Springs PM as a diaper/mommy bag

kikirabbit

Jul 1, 2015
I'm a mom to a 2 year old and a 7 month old and used to carry a little crossbody bag for my wallet and phone, and used a separate diaper bag which I kept in the basket under the pushchair. We've gotten a new tandem buggy recently which is great for bringing the little ones around but I've lost the storage space for my diaper bag.

Which means I need a new bag! [emoji14]
I'd like a backpack so that my hands can be free. I still want to look a little chic though, so I'm looking at the Palm Springs PM... do you think it'll be roomy enough?

I'm a light packer and these are what I'd need it to fit:

- lv cles (my wallet and key holder)
- mobile phone
- sunglasses
- 1 disposable changing mat
- 4 nappies
- travel pack of wet wipes
- a cotton bib
- small sippy cup
- small tupperware for snacks
- baby onesie

Anyone who owns the bag care to weigh in? Or fellow moms, what are your stylish backpack options?

Those items will definitely fit! :smile:. All of that can actually be squeezed in the mini with the exception of the changing mat, Tupperware and sippy. The pm will be perfect for you. It has very squishy straps. YouTube has great vids on what fits in this bag. Definitely check those out because I think this will be a fantastic mommy bag for you :smile:

I have a PM. Agree with above post. The sippy cup & tupperware won't fit. The rest might, but will be tight. Plus rearranging my stuff everytime I pull something out would drive me nuts!

I've been using my Palm Springs pm as a mommy bag and I love it! My kids are 3 and 18 months and I've found it to be the perfect size for what I carry around! I initially thought I wanted a crossbody but am so glad that I went with a backpack instead! Prior to purchasing I watched a bunch of YouTube videos to see what would fit and it can actually fit quite a bit!!

I would probably opt for the MM size. That sounds like a tight squeeze for the PM. The MM isn't as big as I expected, it's not quite as big as a full size backpack like the Josh backpack.

pm would fit all of that. however, as a mother of 3 year-old, i find backpacks inconvenient. My daughter constantly hands me something, asks for water, needs a tissue or some snacks etc. with a backpack i have to take it off and give her what she needs. i much prefer cross-body bags.

Those items will definitely fit! :smile:. All of that can actually be squeezed in the mini with the exception of the changing mat, Tupperware and sippy. The pm will be perfect for you. It has very squishy straps. YouTube has great vids on what fits in this bag. Definitely check those out because I think this will be a fantastic mommy bag for you :smile:
I've watched a few youtube videos and it does come across as roomier than it looks. I guess I should go to a counter and check it out for myself.
I have a PM. Agree with above post. The sippy cup & tupperware won't fit. The rest might, but will be tight. Plus rearranging my stuff everytime I pull something out would drive me nuts!

I've been using my Palm Springs pm as a mommy bag and I love it! My kids are 3 and 18 months and I've found it to be the perfect size for what I carry around! I initially thought I wanted a crossbody but am so glad that I went with a backpack instead! Prior to purchasing I watched a bunch of YouTube videos to see what would fit and it can actually fit quite a bit!!
Thanks for your input! When you fit everything in does the bag still look slouchy?
Is it comfortable on the shoulders?

pm would fit all of that. however, as a mother of 3 year-old, i find backpacks inconvenient. My daughter constantly hands me something, asks for water, needs a tissue or some snacks etc. with a backpack i have to take it off and give her what she needs. i much prefer cross-body bags.
Haha yes I know what you mean! [emoji14]

A crossbody bag with all these stuff would hurt my shoulders though. That's why I prefer a backpack.

Thanks for your input! When you fit everything in does the bag still look slouchy?
Is it comfortable on the shoulders?

I've found that the shape holds regardless of how little I carry in the bag so it looks the same I guess. I just try not to overstuff it.

Here's what I usually carry in it:
LV zippy coin purse
cles with keys
reusable shopping bag (one that folds up pretty compact)
toiletry pouch 15
lesports sac pouch with diapers, wipes, extra clothes for my girls
Chanel sunglasses in soft case
iPhone 7plus

I could fit more stuff inside if I really wanted to but like I mentioned earlier I try not to stuff it. I'm usually not a backpack person so I wasn't sure how I was going to like it but I have found that I like it way better than wearing a crossbody bag that would hold all of this! And I haven't found it to be a pain to get to the the inside of the bag! Good luck deciding!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Here's a quick update. I went to the LV store to try out the backpack and it was really cute! But DH hated the look of it and I also found that whilst it could fit everything I wanted it to, I had to repack everytime I took something out.

Decided to pass it on, went over to Prada, and got this! It's definitely old school.... I remember wanting it when I was a kid! Haha. It's roomier than the Palm Springs PM and there's an additional pocket in front that I find really useful. At half the price of the LV too! [emoji4]

2017-06-30_14.47.jpg