Palm Springs mini (reverse vs mono)

Jenn91

Dec 27, 2018
Hi everyone, I’m hoping for some opinions on what to do. After stalking the website for the longest time, the Palm Springs mini monogram became available which I decided to purchase and have it delivered to my local LV store to pick up. The very next day, my CA called me to let me know that he had received the Palm Springs mini in the reverse. I know how hard they are to come by, in Australia they don’t even have it available as an option online anymore. Because of this (and because I love the reverse look) I decided to purchase it also and decide which one I would want to return once I have both on hand.
I now have both items on hand but am conflicted as to what I should do.
I had picked up the mono in store first but the whole in store experience kind of ruined my excitement for the bag. The lady that assisted me gave me my bag in its pouch and paper bag and left me and walked away. This isn’t my first online, in store pick up. They usually show you the item and allow you to inspect and then take away to box up including a ribbon. This lady handed it to me and left. Turned out there was some glue left on the bag which I was concerned about but she was no where to be seen. I had to ask a different CA about it in which another CA swooped in and cleaned it up at the back (mind you, there’s still a light mark left but unnoticeable if you’re not looking for it). After that my partner had to ask for the CA to box it up. Which is what she had done. Without a ribbon. As it was such an uncomfortable experience in store as the CAS there didn’t seem to really want to assist me, I decided to inspect the bag more when I returned home. The date code is stitched into the pouch, but I noticed that the stitching comes out of the pouch stitching so it doesn’t look like a straight line. Is this normal?
With everything that happened with the mono, I wasn’t expecting great things from the reverse. But I did get the reverse delivered to my doorstep and I can’t find any “faults” in the bag.
I must admit, as much as I love the reverse, I think I adore the mono just slightly more but with the tarnished instore experience and the two issues I found on the bag, I don’t know which bag I should keep?

Attachments

• EE1DD435-9DEB-495D-9922-855A0A6D902F.jpeg
    EE1DD435-9DEB-495D-9922-855A0A6D902F.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 478
Reactions: Jules626
Hmmm that’s really annoying that you were treated so poorly. Probably because the CA that handed you the bag wasn’t making a commission on the sale.
Anyway, as far as your choice...I have the reverse and really like it. The experience plus the minor defects would be enough to sway me to the reverse version.

They are both lovely. I have just received the mono after it was in-stock online. If both had been available I probably would’ve leant towards the reverse BUT as noted above, I do now think the mono is more versatile being darker. I’m trying to get a reverse dragonne key holder for mine so I can add that reverse look to it.

Maybe if you like mono more you can exchange it for a different one without defects. Sorry the customer experience was not good for you. I picked up a bag I had delivered to store and it was prepackaged nicely in a box with ribbon and shopping bag but she took it out of dust bag to let me inspect it. Sorry that didn’t happen for you. Though, I don’t think that should impact which canvas you like better. I was in LV store last year when they got robbed it was very scary experience but I don’t fell less about the bag I purchased that day because of the bad in store experience.

Thank you all for your feedback!!
I think for now I will keep both the bags as I do want to see which bag I gravitate towards more and may decide to sell one later down the track. I just can’t seem to let either of them go just yet even with the issues I found with the mono (but will definitely speak to a CA about when I’m in store next)
I can definitely see why people collect the PSM in all the different prints!
Anyone have any thoughts on the new ‘19 Love PSM that was just released?

I’m so sorry to hear about that scary experience! I hope you and everyone in store was ok!!
But I do think you’re right. At the beginning I associated the bag with the in store experience but after a few more days I really started to appreciate the little gem.
I don’t think I’ll be able to exchange since it’s so hard to come by. So I will speak to my CA about the issues and see what he says then go from there!

Maybe if you like mono more you can exchange it for a different one without defects. Sorry the customer experience was not good for you. I picked up a bag I had delivered to store and it was prepackaged nicely in a box with ribbon and shopping bag but she took it out of dust bag to let me inspect it. Sorry that didn’t happen for you. Though, I don’t think that should impact which canvas you like better. I was in LV store last year when they got robbed it was very scary experience but I don’t fell less about the bag I purchased that day because of the bad in store experience.
T

They are both lovely. I have just received the mono after it was in-stock online. If both had been available I probably would’ve leant towards the reverse BUT as noted above, I do now think the mono is more versatile being darker. I’m trying to get a reverse dragonne key holder for mine so I can add that reverse look to it.
Do you mind sharing how your wear & tear is with your PSM? :smile:

Do you mind sharing how your wear & tear is with your PSM? :smile:

hey, sorry but I sold my PSM a while ago so can’t comment on wear and tear. I decided it was not the easiest bag for me as I like it when it’s a backpack but prefer using crossbody and I don’t like the PSM in crossbody mode. I now have a Prada nylon re-edition for crossbody and a Prada nylon backpack for my backpack days.

Reactions: natjyl