PALM SPRINGS MINI DAMAGE.. HELP?

Would you get a credit note or a replacement?

• Replacement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Credit Note

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caitlin Pawlowski

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,
So I have had my palm springs mini and used it for about a month and noticed wear (see pictures)
I took it to LV and the SA said according to the system others had returned it with similar issues and I can have a credit note or have a replacement however if I choose the replacement they will not help me if another issue arises.

I am so torn, I love this bag so much and used it every day almost.
I am not a rough person so I am so gutted this happened.
Majority people have told me they have never had an issue but I have had one reach out and tell me a similar issue happened.

What would you do?
I know the sensible idea would be to get the credit note but I know I will be so sad to see the bag go.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 918
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 896
Hi,
So I have had my palm springs mini and used it for about a month and noticed wear (see pictures)
I took it to LV and the SA said according to the system others had returned it with similar issues and I can have a credit note or have a replacement however if I choose the replacement they will not help me if another issue arises.

I am so torn, I love this bag so much and used it every day almost.
I am not a rough person so I am so gutted this happened.
Majority people have told me they have never had an issue but I have had one reach out and tell me a similar issue happened.

What would you do?
I know the sensible idea would be to get the credit note but I know I will be so sad to see the bag go.

Do you think it is from the zipper pull? I'd say go for a different bag if they won't stand by another Palm Springs. Too much money is involved here.

I am so sad for you!

Reactions: Caitlin Pawlowski
Do you think it is from the zipper pull? I'd say go for a different bag if they won't stand by another Palm Springs. Too much money is involved here.

I am so sad for you!
Yep, they said it's from the zipper touching the canvas which I personally didn't think it did enough to create that type of damage but apparently so.
Thanks for your opinion, I really appreciate it

that's kind of ridiculous that they can't help you if another issue arises if you chose a replacement. Is that how LV deal with these sort of defect?
I guess by choosing the exact same bag I am accepting responsibily knowing the quality of the bag which is actually kind of silly when you think about it, I think mass production of this bag when the hype hit maybe meant the quality dropped :sad:

I have had a PSM since this past August. I don’t have this damage, but I’m also not hard on the zipper. I find the bag very difficult to open so maybe I am more purposeful with the zipper and don’t catch the canvas because of that? Perhaps a replacement bag could be fine if you were careful with the zipper? I know I’m going to be mindful after reading your post and how others have had the same issue. It’s such a fun practical bag so I understand the difficulty in letting it go for a credit note. Despicable LV won’t stand behind its bags no matter the bag type or how many times you’ve had a replacement!!!