Palm Spring Mini and My world Tour Palm Spring mini

deedeedor

O.G.
Dec 3, 2011
So I recently fell in love with the palm spring mini style backpack. Started researching about it and read about how hard it is to get one.

So to speed up the hunting process: I ordered a my world tour palm spring mini online.

Then I was browsing online two days after I placed the world tour order: a palm spring mini monogram popped up. Errr.....

Needless to say, I pulled the trigger and bought that one too online
( since my 12 year old really love the style too. We can wear the backpack when we go out or go travel together.)

I was planning to get it for her when she is a little older, but they grow fast don’t they. ( finding excuses to justify my double purchase)

Now I am second judging my decision, lol. Shall I keep the 2nd one I bought?

(P.s. I adore this design so much I also got the palm spring bracelet and concert it into a bag charm)

My world tour in making1605F934-510A-4ED2-811D-D2916E59616F.jpeg

The new order I just placed ( oh dear my blood was rushing when I saw it showed up online)
ADDAEA58-D2C4-473D-A589-5BB043A99E21.jpeg

And the palm spring bracelet u converted into a bag charm ( just received today)
BE685D28-EFEC-4D4C-B2EC-7DE3BE2387F0.jpeg
C1619B05-CEF6-4401-A534-B238C9B0F97A.jpeg

I think 12 is too young for luxury brands. Maybe start her off with something else? Especially because I would be concerned with taking care of products at such a young age. That being said both are super cute but I can see a kid growing out of the world tour version.

I think 12 is too young for luxury brands. Maybe start her off with something else? Especially because I would be concerned with taking care of products at such a young age. That being said both are super cute but I can see a kid growing out of the world tour version.

world tour version is actually for me lol. I am more of a child than my daughter hahah

she adores the mini backpack design and takes good care of many things I have gifted her.

Rather than buying a lot of fashion purses, I would like her to have a piece that can last and grow with her.

I would probably still keep the plain monogram version for her, monitor her usage. We talked about it, she knows not to bring to school and brag around her friend. She is only planning to use it when she goes put with me or travel with me

i agree with the first poster, 12 is a little young for luxury fashion. however, you're the parent and you know your daughter best, if you are confident in her then by all means, enjoy!

for me personally, the only reason i would of kept both is if i really wanted the monogram (plain) and had already ordered the world tour version (knowing it will be custom and i can't return it). however, since you said it is opposite, you want the world tour version more, then i would be returning in the plain monogram one.

i agree with the first poster, 12 is a little young for luxury fashion. however, you're the parent and you know your daughter best, if you are confident in her then by all means, enjoy!

for me personally, the only reason i would of kept both is if i really wanted the monogram (plain) and had already ordered the world tour version (knowing it will be custom and i can't return it). however, since you said it is opposite, you want the world tour version more, then i would be returning in the plain monogram one.

Thank you for your input.

I probably would prefer the world tour more than the mono since it more personalized. There are moment i feel mono will last for a long time because it is more classic. However the one got sent out was from texas. That discourage me to keep it since it is more likely to be made in texas. And I read about quality issues from that location.

maybe if it is truly made in tx when I recieve it, then it is a sign for me to return

Thank you for your input.

I probably would prefer the world tour more than the mono since it more personalized. There are moment i feel mono will last for a long time because it is more classic. However the one got sent out was from texas. That discourage me to keep it since it is more likely to be made in texas. And I read about quality issues from that location.

maybe if it is truly made in tx when I recieve it, then it is a sign for me to return
agreed. if it is made in tx, send it right back.

Reactions: deedeedor
I would return the plain one if you prefer WT. I would not keep if for any age of child (although I do get why you are using that reason the make the purchase valid!). I personally am not keen on WT items as I am never happy with the sticker placement. I feel that if it were truly personalised, we could place the stickers where we want, not where LV tell us. But I also don’t trust my own judgement so i like to be able to know I can sell on if necessary. PSM has been available in the UK for the last six months or so, as has the PM. Both of these were impossible to get before COVID but have been no problem since.

I would return the plain one if you prefer WT. I would not keep if for any age of child (although I do get why you are using that reason the make the purchase valid!). I personally am not keen on WT items as I am never happy with the sticker placement. I feel that if it were truly personalised, we could place the stickers where we want, not where LV tell us. But I also don’t trust my own judgement so i like to be able to know I can sell on if necessary. PSM has been available in the UK for the last six months or so, as has the PM. Both of these were impossible to get before COVID but have been no problem since.

Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

It is so Interesting! That’s what I found here too. Although I read about how hard it was to find it, I saw it a couple of times online since I started the hunt online just these few weeks. I have also saw it in store in the reversed/ made in France. The SA said they normally got two per week. When I called 0800 number this weekend they also were able to ordered me one right away. (Decided to return the misaligned made-in-texas online ordered one and try for luck for a made in Europe one)

Since I have ordered the world tour version, I would keep it as my fun travel back. Stickers made it a little different ( and I love putting stickers on my luggage and water bottle lol)

My girl is more mature and very responsible. We look at bags together, she adores my hand bags. This particular bag was the only one she loved while we browsed through different designs. We also talked about how and when this bag should be used.

I felt guilty to start her with luxury at a young age. On the other hand, I would like her to also have great classic pieces of her own that can last for a while. I trust her to take care of her stuff.

In my personal collection, I really don't have any entry level designer bag that she should really be using in her early 20s. Maybe this can be a good durable piece to grow with her and for her to treasure for a while.

Reactions: jelly-baby
I really thought hard before posting this, and I even hate that this crosses my mind, but here goes... A kid can be the most responsible in the world, but a PSM with long dangling straps hanging from a young girl is just asking to be stolen right off of her. How easy a target she and the bag would be.

I have the PSM and even I think about this as it applies to myself.

Theft is a crime of opportunity, and luxury bags are targets. Whether you are with her or not and no matter where you are. I wouldn’t want to put my child in a position where her odds are increased to experience such a thing. And according to the news, women are targeted based on the handbag they are carrying, the jewelry they are wearing, and overall how much of an easy target they appear to be.

A pre-teen girl with a luxury bag and lack of situational awareness makes me cringe a little.

Just my two cents. Good luck. :flowers:

Last edited:
I really thought hard before posting this, and I even hate that this crosses my mind, but here goes... A kid can be the most responsible in the world, but a PSM with long dangling straps hanging from a young girl is just asking to be stolen right off of her. How easy a target she and the bag would be.

I have the PSM and even I think about this as it applies to myself.

Theft is a crime of opportunity, and luxury bags are targets. Whether you are with her or not and no matter where you are. I wouldn’t want to put my child in a position where her odds are increased to experience such a thing. And according to the news, women are targeted based on the handbag they are carrying, the jewelry they are wearing, and overall how much of an easy target they appear to be.

A pre-teen girl with a luxury bag and lack of situational awareness makes me cringe a little.

Just my two cents. Good luck. :flowers:

This is very true. To be honest, I had not even thought that angle. I was mostly thinking that a child/youth would just not have the appreciation of the value and (in my eyes) it would be kind of wasted on them. But your point is very valid.

This is very true. To be honest, I had not even thought that angle. I was mostly thinking that a child/youth would just not have the appreciation of the value and (in my eyes) it would be kind of wasted on them. But your point is very valid.

Sadly this was the very first thing I thought about.

I can't think of any 12 year old who is in a position to think about (let alone able to) defend themselves and their valuables on their person when out and about (with or without their parent/guardian). Most of them are head in the clouds. So why invite the potential for trauma and injury?

Hello! I would return the monogram one and just keep the WT. so where should I start off:
First off I also think that 12 is a little bit too young. I know you’ve said your daughter is very responsible but these are very expensive bags and backpack! One mistake and it could get stolen and damaged. I would recommend to give it back to LV and maybe get her a MPA which is a lot less expensive and also a great start! And maybe one day when she grows older you can go together with her and she can look what she really wants! Maybe her taste will change in 3-4 years?
Of course you are always free to do whatever you think is the best :flowers:

Thank you all for all the thoughtful and honest feedbacks. Really helpful in helping me decide. Thank you again for taking time to write back to me.

I have taken all feedback in consideration. All very practical and thoughtful!

However, the thought of gifting the bag to her makes me happy. So instead of thinking over my decision, I followed my heart to keep it as her Christmas gift.

Maybe it will just be sitting in her closet for quite a bit for now. But i am sure this makes a cute memory when she looks back in the future during her adulthood. Since I have one too, that makes the memory double special. And we can all use a backpack at any age right? She will always remember mommy gifted her this durable classic piece during a special year.

The sentimental part of the idea makes myself happy. And I am sure it will be the same for her too.