Pallas BB vs Pochette Metis

OCMomof3

O.G.
Feb 26, 2013
Just had the opportunity to try both bags on in the boutique in Palm Desert (excellent SA, by the way:smile:) and was impressed by both.

The Pallas BB: the standout. With the contrasting red and the "cute mini purse" factor, my friend and I were smitten. Is it a $2200+ bag? Not in my opinion. But it sure is adorable, and I think it looks really nice on.

Pochette Metis: Great, functional bag. I think I would prefer a vachetta strap to the logo'd one, and I didn't love the buckle on the strap (though it can be worn around th back of the body). The price point is nicer than the PBB.

I tend to carefully consider my purchases, so I did leave empty-handed to think about both options. Has anyone else compared these two in the store?

And I might add....
I saw PBB and it was love at first sight! I was also with my friend and she loved the pochette Pallas Bb as well - but it didn't quite hold everything that I needed (it was a torture downsizing from nf gm to speedy 25...then to mini bag! lol). And yes, the price was a little factor too that I had just purchased sunnies & emilie wallet....
I did think about the PBB for the next day AFTER I brought back home the PM, but the one I liked (yellow one) - I knew I couldn't keep it clean and one little dirt mark would make me fall out of love... Besides, it was before the release date and I didn't wanna wait. LOL
My friend and I talked about it and "we" talked me out of PBB.
I love, love, LOVE PM!
Ever since I got it though, it rains at least once a day. Crazy t-storms just in time for me to go home from work. But PM is small enough and I can tuck it in my shirt from my driveway to the house, while I'm still wearing crossbody (hahahaha), hurray for mono strap! lol :biggrin:
I tend to grab the vachetta handle a lot, but it's only the bottom part of the handle that I can't see, this is seriously awesome. I was afraid that once PBB's handles get patina-then dark...
It's really a cute bag though, I would have been all over it of it was pink.
But for now, I am super happy with PM.
My next bag is alma Bb in fucsia epi. It was another thing I tried. My little man (6yo) offered to buy it for me until he found out how much it was... lol

Oops, sorry it was looooooooong! :smile:

Last edited:
I just bought the pochette metis recently and love it! I personally really like the look of the Pallas and I think the original size looks better than the bb. Pochette métis can fit more than the Pallas bb so I think it's more worth it:smile:

Ha...weird I was just googling this tonight and came upon Sophie's thread :smile:
Sophie made good points in that thread. I've been weighing this heavily myself in terms of comparing the pm with various other bags I'm considering. From pictures the Pallas BB does look like a neat bag. But as you said, do you love it enough for that price? The PM is a well made bag that I can see looking good for a long time (I did see it in person). Perhaps you can get a vachetta strap get down the road. Personally the mono strap works for me as I'd use it on my favorite mm. I have to admit, I have not seen the pallas bb in person, but the price diff is a turn off. I found myself looking at other bags in that price point to try and put the BB in perspective.
Tough decision. But, as we always say here on tpf ...get the one you love. :smile:
I would love to see which one you decide on. GLD
*edit -funny, by the time it took to write this and post, y'all posted some good posts. Lol sorry mine seems redundant now lol

Miss_chiff, aren't you just so sweet❤️❤️😊?!
:::hugs:::
While I was trying PM at the store, two women came up to me and gave me compliments how beautiful the bag was. One of them actually bought the one I was playing with.... lol

When I got home, I tried it with my mono speedy b's vachetta strap. It looks different and okay to me. Something about the mono strap, I love. :smile:

When I was considering this bag and went through whole PM clubhouse thread, YouTube and google image (and I pinned everything I love! Lol) I love the fact it could be dressy too without the strap. Not that I dress up ever (I only go to work, drop off & pick up kids from school and grocery), I can still daydream about night away with my hubby which only happens few times a year - but my favorite mm is little small and I'm tired of carrying around big bags like trevi or speedy 25.
But as a mom & wife I still have to have extra pack of Kleenex, earbuds, aspirins, bandaids, hand sanitizer, gum and all the crap they ask me on me. (Right?!) on top of that, my wallet, phone, keys, whole stack of point cards & members cards...
And in PM, it's possible.
LOL
In PPB, my wallet, keys, wallet, maybe sunnie case, it looks like it's about to give birth. (Gasp!)
So PM won in my case.
Actually when the lady bought the bag I was playing with, I already decided that I wanted it too. lol :smile:
Sorry, it's looooooong again. Can't sleep tonight.

Sofia, ha I couldn't sleep last night either (paid for it this am...crabby!) ...was so late when I posted. I can totally relate to your last post here....we have a lot of the same needs in a bag. I loooove my artsy's (mono and azur), but would like to add a workhorse bag so to speak... streamlined, and still have it feel luxurious to me.

I have the PM but I am considering my next purchase which will be in Paris. The oallaa BB size is nice but only 2 color choices.
And the price is not much less than an Empreinte. I wish there were more LV options. I would love a black Epi mini bag with nice shiny silver hardware. But what is there? I already have Alma bb in fushia but I suppose I could get a black one, too. Or maybe the Emp Montaigne bb?

I digress.... anyway the Pocgette Metis is a really great bag. No regrets. Beautiful and functional. Highly recommended. I also like the Eden pm. Nicer than Pallas BB.