Palermo PM or Tivoli GM or NF MM? Help me please!

Apr 13, 2009
Dear LV lovers, I need your insight.
I am saving up for my very first LV bag (imagine how excited I am):yahoo:
I want a rather big shoulder mono bag.
I am considering Palermo PM. I don't like the long strap on it, so I am not going to use it, so I wonder if you can carry it one the shoulder using 2 regular straps? They look pretty long on a picture, but I am not sure.
I am also considering NF MM (worry about not having a zipper) and Tivoli GM (worry about it looking too big).
Please help me with my choice. I am a student now and this is a really big purchace for me!
I would also be glad to get some other suggestions on my first LV.
Thanks!!!

If you like a big bag, the palermo PM is not for you. It is on the small side, I think. I like big bags too and have this bag, it is my smallest bag I own. I like the tivoli gm, and have it. It will fit on the shoulder nicely and is a nice size. The palermo pm straps, I don't think, would fit on the shoulder nicely. But if you have tiny arms...maybe.
Other bags to consider: galliera gm (very BIG!!!), Totally mm or gm when it comes out in monogram in June, sc monogram bag, BH.

congrats on the new bag!

Um.. Palermo PM might be a bit uncomfortable on the shoulder with the smaller straps.. The GM looks great and is comfortable on the shoulder though!

The Tivoli GM may be comfortable on the shoulder (IDK if you like rolled handles.) but what are your measurements? Go try it on in the store and you may see if its the "one".

The NF is a VERY comfortable and easy to use bag. Its like, the most comfortable out of the three IMO. The zipper shouldnt worry you unless you go to sketchy places. :smile:

Have you tried the Galliera PM or

Last edited:
If you like a big bag, the palermo PM is not for you. It is on the small side, I think. I like big bags too and have this bag, it is my smallest bag I own. I like the tivoli gm, and have it. It will fit on the shoulder nicely and is a nice size. The palermo pm straps, I don't think, would fit on the shoulder nicely. But if you have tiny arms...maybe.
Other bags to consider: galliera gm (very BIG!!!), Totally mm or gm when it comes out in monogram in June, sc monogram bag, BH.

congrats on the new bag!

ITA, I have both the Palermo PM and the Tivoli GM. I bought my Palermo back in January 08 and at the time thought it was huge, that is until I bought and carried the Tivoli for a while then changed bags, WOW:nuts: I was like, this bag is so small, comparitively speaking of course. I still love it but if it's a big bag you want go with the Galliera PM or Totally like mcg3897 suggested. I personally don't care as much for the NF, to flimsy and open, although a lot of people do love it.:wondering

OMG! Totally looks like a perfect bag for me! But I had no idea it's comming in mono! Are you sure it's gonna be this June??? I am so excited! Thank you so much for suggestion!!!

the palermo PM is great and i'm hoping to get that soon too. i've tried it on in the stores and my arms are just too fat for the short straps ! :P however, i can use it comfortably with the long strap either as a normal shoulder bag or messenger style. i'm a hair under 5'... hope that helps !