Palermo GM or Tivoli GM?

glambagmissy

Jun 22, 2008
Hello TPFers

I need some help deciding on choice of bag - I bought my first LV a few days ago, a Palermo GM. I wanted a bag that was big enough to carry my netbook, and maybe a magazine, bottle of water etc. I loved the idea of the Palermo as it's ideal for a carry-on, and the detail is nicer than the Totally.

Now it's home, and I'm wondering: is it too big for an everyday bag? Realistically, I think I'd wear it more on my shoulder (and love the adjustable straps so I can carry on arm too) and I'm wondering whether it looks too bulky on the shoulder?

Also, I love the Tivoli too (also has studs on the bottom as well), and it fits my netbook, but it's obviously not as spacious as the Palermo - but maybe better as an everyday bag?

I really like the Palermo as a carryon/everyday 'comfort' bag (ie takes everything) but does it work? Or would the Tivoli be a better choice, and I get another bag as a carry on, like the Longchamp Pliage?

Help please!

Thks

TIVOLI!!!!!
I went to dinner with my friend and her hubby and daughter and he especially noticed my Tivoli- thought it was real nice. Most men don't notice bags, but he did. i love tha bag, so feminime and elegant IMO, get her. My niece has the Palemaro and i really dont think its any comparison-more of a basic work bag, where the tivoli can be fun, classic and work.:yahoo:

I think they are both really in the same league, you wouldn't go wrong with either! In saying that though, I "slightly" prefer the Tivoli GM over the Palermo, shape-wise but honestly they are both fantastic bags. I think/hope/plan that the Tivoli GM is my next purchase.

:ty:Thanks so much everyone...

In the meantime I have just been to the LV store with my Palermo and tried the Tivoli as well, with all my stuff in it - netbook, book, wallet etc...and the Tivoli just didn't look as funky as the Palermo! It might be that it doesn't suit me, but even the shop assistant agreed that the Palermo looked better and funkier, as you can wear it cross-body etc...

So although I love the Tivoli (and can totally see it getting compliments, even from the discerning man, LABAG :smile: ), I'm sticking with the Palermo as it's more me - and also realised that it's great as an everyday bag, especially casual wear. I'll just have to see whether it gets as many compliments...:dots:

As for me - I'm LOVING this bag :yahoo:

While I was in the LV, I was seriously tempted by the Brea GM in Pomme and the Alma in Amarante, which I never would have looked at but looks gorgeous when carried - thoughts anyone?!

I have the Palermo PM and love it but I think the Palermo GM is very large BUT if you can fill it up, it looks great. I don't like a floppy Palermo. There should be a size in between.