***Pale gold clutch with chain & 226 pale gold reissue***

Feb 19, 2011
Hello TPF ladies,

Below are two pictures - the first one shows my own 226 reissue in pale gold distressed calf leather that I just purchased end of December '11. I am exstatic about this bag and have worn her many times!

The second pic was sent by my SA and is from the new clutch with chain also in pale gold (lamb leather). I have not seen the clutch IRL but dont have the ANY clutch in my collection. I love this particular clutch and the sheen of the leather and believe that the combination is pale gold with GHW whereas the reissue has RHW.

Should I add the clutch despite the fact that I have the reissue in the same color? Is this not too redundant? Has anyone a picture from the red clutch with chain - may be I should buy the red clutch instead?

What are your suggestions!

:ty:

Attachments

• light gold reissue 226.JPG
    light gold reissue 226.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Pale Gold clutch.jpg
    Pale Gold clutch.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,074
Hi, congratz on the new purchases! Love both pieces!!! Beautiful color! I've been searching for the pale gold reissue in the 226 for a while now but have no luck. Can u give me the code for it, if u don't mind me asking?

i usually only use my clutch for dinner parties, musicals and night outs. The reissue / flaps are more for work and day to day use. If you use things this way, I can totally see you pulling those two bags off! In any event, the two shades are similar (based on your photos) but not life threatening identical :biggrin: gd luck!

Please educate me on the clutch! I have this bag in the regular med/large. What is the difference between what I have and this clutch? It looks sort of the same to me.

Also the pale gold looks so much better IRL. The pic she sent does not do it justice. I would say the reissue may better a better day bag and the clutch more for evening. Although, I'll use my med/large one for both.

Congratulations! Beautiful pieces however I would not want both in the same color. Perhaps you should exchange the clutch for another color. A red clutch would be awesome!

I would go with a red clutch. But frankly, I think a different shape of clutch would be better. This one doesn't look "clutchy" enough if you know what I mean. I like shape of the timeless classic clutch.

Hi, congratz on the new purchases! Love both pieces!!! Beautiful color! I've been searching for the pale gold reissue in the 226 for a while now but have no luck. Can u give me the code for it, if u don't mind me asking?
COCOholics, I might order the clutch today. Here is the code for the reissue, it is the 226 size: 11A A37587 Y04150; Color: 40851 Light Gold. i got my from saks in BH but was the last one. I think Nordstrom had the 227 size. GL!
I would say it's not a duplication as the pale gold clutch is more classy especially it goes with gold chain.
cashcash, I was hoping the clutch comes with gold chain, but did not have a chance to ask my SA about it. This is great news for the hardware color. ;) I like it even better now!
i will stick with the reissue...
baby_coco, the reissue will not go anywhere. But soon it will receive a little clutch friend:biggrin:
The reissue looks more silver than gold. The clutch looks mre gold so they are quite different.
bagchic1, I also think the reissue has a very nice silver color, and the clutch is more goldish. But the clutch I have not seen yet.
They look different to me. The shade of gold is darker in the clutch picture, the lamb is smooth and puffy, whereas the reissue is distressed matte calfskin.
chocoganache, yes the clutch looks very puffy and yummy!

i usually only use my clutch for dinner parties, musicals and night outs. The reissue / flaps are more for work and day to day use. If you use things this way, I can totally see you pulling those two bags off! In any event, the two shades are similar (based on your photos) but not life threatening identical :biggrin: gd luck!
madeofdreams - thats what I intent to do as well. I will use the clutch for evening exclusive. I like it has the chain, but would wear primarily as a clutch. Having the reissue - I can see myself easily wearing it for evening occasions. This is where the duplication comes in. But at least both bags have different hardware colors and very different leathers.
Please educate me on the clutch! I have this bag in the regular med/large. What is the difference between what I have and this clutch? It looks sort of the same to me.
Also the pale gold looks so much better IRL. The pic she sent does not do it justice. I would say the reissue may better a better day bag and the clutch more for evening. Although, I'll use my med/large one for both.
imgg, at first look the M/L and the clutch look similar, yes. However, the clutch has a single chain connected to the ends of the bag instead going through the flap. The chain is thinner than the chain of the classic M/L. The clutch does not have a double flap and is differently designed inside and on the back. In general the quality of the leather is the same but IMO th clutch is more vulnerable to damages of the chain and the places where where the chain attaches to the bag. HTH :smile:

Congratulations! Beautiful pieces however I would not want both in the same color. Perhaps you should exchange the clutch for another color. A red clutch would be awesome!
EmmaPaige, I dont yet own the pale gold clutch and am a bit hesitant to order for fear of duplication with the light gold reissue. I was also considering the RED clutch instead! I wil talk to my SA to see whether they have the red as well.
I would go with a red clutch. But frankly, I think a different shape of clutch would be better. This one doesn't look "clutchy" enough if you know what I mean. I like shape of the timeless classic clutch.
Karenaellen, you are reading my mind. I was thinking to order the pale gold clutch and continue to search for the classic red. I love the classic timeless clutch in red but it is nowhere to find :sad: I love the shape as well.

Hi Martinibeach! I don't think they are redundant, since they serve two different purpose and have different locks (reissue vs. classic). My only concern with the new clutch in pale gold is the finish. I reserved this exact clutch several months ago but after seeing it IRL, I'm not so sure anymore. While the colors for both the dark white (which is a silvery color for 12C) and pale gold are beautiful, the finish feels fabric like even though it is in metallic lamb. If there's anything that gets onto the surface of the bag, I'm not sure if this is a finish where you can use a cleaner to remove it. I love it but I have to walk away from it. I'd get the red lamb clutch if I have to choose. :smile:

Hello TPF ladies,

Below are two pictures - the first one shows my own 226 reissue in pale gold distressed calf leather that I just purchased end of December '11. I am exstatic about this bag and have worn her many times!

The second pic was sent by my SA and is from the new clutch with chain also in pale gold (lamb leather). I have not seen the clutch IRL but dont have the ANY clutch in my collection. I love this particular clutch and the sheen of the leather and believe that the combination is pale gold with GHW whereas the reissue has RHW.

Should I add the clutch despite the fact that I have the reissue in the same color? Is this not too redundant? Has anyone a picture from the red clutch with chain - may be I should buy the red clutch instead?

What are your suggestions!

:ty:

Hi Martinibeach! I don't think they are redundant, since they serve two different purpose and have different locks (reissue vs. classic). My only concern with the new clutch in pale gold is the finish. I reserved this exact clutch several months ago but after seeing it IRL, I'm not so sure anymore. While the colors for both the dark white (which is a silvery color for 12C) and pale gold are beautiful, the finish feels fabric like even though it is in metallic lamb. If there's anything that gets onto the surface of the bag, I'm not sure if this is a finish where you can use a cleaner to remove it. I love it but I have to walk away from it. I'd get the red lamb clutch if I have to choose. :smile:
Many thanks for the informative reply Bluekit! So you have seen IRL and returned it?
Your description remainds me of the material of the In The mix tote that I have in black. I love touching it but always think that if this is any other color but black it would have been not a good choice. I totally see your point that it will be very difficult (actually impoissible) to clean in the pale gold color. Since I plan to use it for evenings exclusive may be I will give it a try and return? I hate to ship tese expensive bags around but this is sometimes the only way to see the bag! The red clutch is a tomato red that I am not so sure I will love. :thinking::thinking:

The clutch is really gorgeous! I love how the lambskin leather looks a bit shimmery! What is the chain on the clutch like? Is it like the regular chain or is it the snake chain (skinny chain)?