Painting the Town Red - Nolia's CL Collection Thread

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
I started my journey not too long ago back in the winter of 2011 when I was on the search for a pair of wedding shoes. Little did I know that I would amass a small collection of my own. I'm sure that it will continue to grow but I think 10 is a good number to start at.

I noticed that my collection is lacking some colour. This is mostly because I feel that varying textures are more versatile than bold colours. I do plan to add colour into my collection in the future so stay tuned! My style has been described as classic with an edge and I totally agree! I love spikes and studs, fishnets, buckles, metallics and sky high high heels.

As of the starting date of my collection thread, I have:
Isolde in Rose Gold 160mm
Pigalle Plato in Nude Mini Glitter 140mm
Mad Marta in Black/Ostrich 150mm
Lucifer Bows in Black Calf 120mm
Maggies in Nude Suede/Patent 160mm
Ron Rons in Black Patent 100mm
Open Lips in Watersnake Saba 120mm
Madame Butterfly Bootie in Black Nappa 150mm
Very Croise in Ivory/Pink/Gold 140mm
Hola Chica Gladiator Sandals in Black

Pairs that have come and go:
Maudissima in Nude 100mm
Alti in Black Patent 160mm
Very Galaxy in Fuxia Moire 120mm

Hope you guys enjoy seeing my collection as much as I do. I can't wait to post in here with outfit pics and updates too! Without further ado, here is a family photo up first!

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
And in order of purchase!

Pigalle Plato in Nude Mini Glitter 140mm
These were my wedding shoes. I so badly wanted my first pair to be one that I considered carefully and very seriously. After much debating between this and the Lady Peep sling, I committed to the Pigalle silhouette for my first! I was NOT disappointed!! But after purchasing several CLs after this one and not being able to put them on until my wedding, I was anxious and antsy to finally be able to debut her on my wedding day.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Second up!

Madame Butterfly Bootie in Black Nappa 150mm

After seeing the thread on "Will I regret not buying the MBB?" I totally had the opportunity to purchase one and I jumped on it. It is my most comfortable CL heel! I don't have any recent photos so here are some of my previous outfit pics with the MBB.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
FIRST HOLY GRAIL

Mad Marta in Black/Ostrich 150mm
I am head over heels in love with this bootie. The fishnet, the buckles, the ostrich, OH MY! I knew I had to have it. Despite being a half size too big (I am still on the lookout for my perfect size 36.5) I have definitely been able to get some serious wear out of this pair. I love to rock out an awesome outfit with my MMs and they made an appearance in my boudoir photos (which was gifted to my husband on our wedding day).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: fashionheelschic

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Another black pair!

Lucifer Bow in Black Calf 120mm
I tried my luck with another Piggy silhouette shoe. I was so nervous but everyone was right about the stretchy calf leather. Paired with a ball of foot cushion, the Lucifers are definitely one of my popular go to shoes. They also made an appearance in my engagement photos!

Attachments

Last edited:

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Needed some variety!

Very Croise in Ivory/Pink/Gold 140mm
I fellow TPFer posted this pair on the Deals and Steals thread. I scooped them right up for a great price from Yoogi's Closet. However, their size was mis-listed and when I got them, I had to have the sling taken in to fit my feet. Despite this road bump, I was also able to wear them in my engagement photos!

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Craving a pair of nudes...

Maggie in Nude Suede/Patent 160mm

I took a look at my tiny collection and realized that I needed a pair of nudes! The weather was getting chilly and the new season of Maggies began to roll out. Originally I was smitten by the former Pumice colour, but was not able to get my hands on a pair in my size. However, I fell in love with these Maggies the moment I pulled them out of the box. They get LOTS of wear for a 160mm heel height (a ball of foot cushion does WONDERS). Their maiden voyage was at our Toronto CL meetup. I wore the Maggies to my bridal shower and they were also present in my boudoir photos.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Second Holy Grail!

Open Lips in Watersnake Saba 120mm
I spotted these on Netaporter and almost died. I had just purchased my Lucifer Bows and couldn't bring myself to buy another pair. Big mistake! Exclusive to NAP, there was NO WAY I could find these anywhere again. These popped up a size too big on Ebay and I bit the bullet anyway. After a great deal of padding, the shoes are comfortable as ever but they still look a tad too large. I am still on the hunt for my perfect size (36). I wore my Open Lips to my Mostamazingnightever Moulin Rouge themed Bachelorette party paired with a bright red Herve!

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
I couldn't believe my eyes...

Isolde in Rose Gold 160mm
I couldn't believe my eyes when Msr. L revealed the 20th Anniversary collection and one shoe basically encompassed all my loves in one heel! Rose gold, strass, height and spikes!? My heart didn't just flutter and skip a beat, it went on a quest! I was SO incredibly blessed and to thankful for Carlinha to have been able to get my hands on these. I love them SO much and, C, you are just freaking AMAZING! I was rendered speechless when the box arrived and had to catch a breath as I pulled them out of the bubble wrap. Really... need I say any more? I debuted my Isoldes at my rehearsal dinner in Cancun.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Back to earth!

Ron Ron in Black Patent 100mm
After a collection hiatus, I decided that I needed a workhorse pair. One that I would be able to wear out regularly. A sensible pair. Enter the Ron Ron. They are so comfortable and I seriously wear them every chance I get. They're not as dressy as any other pair in my collection but they certainly have the ability to dress up the bummiest of clothes! They are my most worn pair.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
First flats!

Hola Chica Studded Gladiator Sandals in Black
I had been debating between a wedge or a flat but nothing ever tickled my fancy. I resolved that if either the Hola Chica or a pair of wedges (Red I Love, Red You Love, Beige Panier, Nude Une Plume Sling) came up for me, I'd get one. I found the Hola Chica preloved on Ebay for $100. I couldn't pass it up! Here the are. I don't have any outfit pics yet since it's still snowing up here in Canada.

Attachments