Paid authentication service

Dear All,
May I know which website is more reliable for Authentication Service for Louis Vuitton?
I've tried to check a date code from a few websites for date code checker, 3 of them comes out as below
"The date code indicates a production date of: 24th week of 2007 in France"

But there's a website shown that "Your item is fake" for the same date code.

Please advice
1: If I shall check further or ignore the ONLY website shown your item is fake and accept these X 3 websites?
2: Go for a Paid authentication Service (any reliable website)
Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone! I am new here and I have a question for those who used Proauthenticators before. So I sold an LV Metis Bag recently which I bought in a reputable consigning shop in HK and is “Made in Spain” with code GI 2199.

Ok so to cut the story short the buyer decided to have it authenticated by Proauthenticators by sending photos of bag in FB which said that the bag was fake and this code doesnt exist. I read through reviews of this authenticator and it seems they have not too good reviews online about authenticating LV. To avoid any discussion, I refunded the buyer and took the bag. Thing is, I am overseas now and as much as I want to bring it to more knows authenticators in the US, I cant. I have a couple of LV’s and also reviewed Metis videos and photos and everything checks-out as authentic.

Can you share your experience with this authenticator? Can you recommend any other authenticator for LV please?

Thank you so much.

I find all these authentication services a little funny. They are not and in no way can be official. They are practically just enthusiasts. Which is OK, but their judgement is nowhere near 100% sure nor they hold any legal power.
I always say that anyone who is buying Vuitton for a few years and visits the stores frequently (to see, touch and feel the items) can tell if a bag is authentic or not. You can just feel it.

Hello PF'ers!

I really really want a Beaubourg mini hobo, but I was not on PF or even shopping at all last year and missed that boat. I have never bought preloved and the only ones at a reasonable price I can find are on Ebay. Fashionphile has one, but it's 3k-- I might as well get another new LV from the boutique at that price range. Also, one of the ones I saw on Ebay the person said they have a store receipt, but the date codes are wrong for this purse which was released in 2019-- no way it was produced in 2017. So now I'm paranoid.

I am totally willing to pay for a review of authentication but want to find one who is reliable and trusted. Anyone have any recommendations?

TIA, I am a total newb to even considering buying outside of the boutique and need all the help I can get.

Many many thanks!!
-Stella

Dear All,
May I know which website is more reliable for Authentication Service for Louis Vuitton?
I've tried to check a date code from a few websites for date code checker, 3 of them comes out as below
"The date code indicates a production date of: 24th week of 2007 in France"

But there's a website shown that "Your item is fake" for the same date code.

Please advice
1: If I shall check further or ignore the ONLY website shown your item is fake and accept these X 3 websites?
2: Go for a Paid authentication Service (any reliable website)
Thank you in advance.

Hi, I hope this reply is not late. I use Pro-Authenticators few times. There are many out there if you search on Google but their fees are varies. I also use online authenticate website, they all come back valid date code, but when I sent in to have Pro-Authenticators review, it was fake. So myself, I don't trust the website.