Paddy Wallet..Should I be concerned???

ali w

Meditating.....
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
:yahoo:So DHL just left 5 min ago and I'm ready to scream with excitement, because I 've been waitng all weekend for today so I can receive my brun paddy wallet( to match my brun sidepocket paddy). I rip open the package and there she is in all her glory just beautiful. So, like the kid I am, I grab my roche wallet out of my bag so I can immediately change wallets and then.... I noticed the two wallets are a bit different:hrmm:. The grommets are placed in different places but still I'm thinking well sometimes bags are a bit different if they were made at different times. So I think, let me get my rouge paddy wallet and compare all three. With further inspection I find the brun is completely different from the other two:
1. The inside lining is the same color as the outside of the wallet. The inside of the two other wallets are a diff. color from the outside.
2. The pull ring on the inside has the same leather tie as the outside where as the other two wallets have smoother leather tie inside.
3. On the back of the lock the leather over laps instead of stopping where the ends meet.
4. the made in italy stamp is underneath the chloe stamp instead of across from it.
And finally;
5. The back slots are lined in material instead of leather.
and as I'm sitting here typing this I just realize that the bottom of the front slot is either ripped or was never sewn:cursing:.

I say all this to ask, is it possible that I have received a fake from net-a-porter:confused1: But they're an authorized dealer right?
I'm going to call them now, but I must say I am sitting here in shock:amazed:.
Has any of you ever heard of net-a-porter carrying fakes or could this be a very old style wallet?

I seem to have badluck with chloe these last two weeks from my ava debacle to this maybe this is a sign to stop shopping:crybaby:!!!!

OMG... The C in the heat stamp on the lock just fell off:wtf:

Attachments

• net3.jpg
    net3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
  • net5.jpg
    net5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 52
  • netaporter.jpg
    netaporter.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 76
  • net4.jpg
    net4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
Looks like you got it from NAP...
You should return it immediately and ask for 10% off on the next one....
Send them pictures of your wallet... This is bad quality control...

Sorry this happened to you...

I notice this is an 06 and my others are 07, but I don't thiink that has anything to do with the quality of this wallet. It's absolutely horrible.
I did an exchange thru net-a-porter( they didn't seem surprized when I explained the problem:confused1: )but wondering should I even take a chance with another one.
I am so disappointed with my phone/email purchases lately!

Ooooo now you have me scared! I just ordered the black paddington wallet and clutch last night! Your pics are a bit blurry (not an insult....I still haven't mastered the picture thing never mind the quality!)

I was going to say send it back for sure!!!!! The C should not fall off. I got my red paddy wallet today and come to think of it, I didn't see a net a porter tag on it and I already sent it back. I sure hope there was one on there and I just didn't notice it. My luck, they'll say I can't return it because the tag is off, even though I don't think it was there. I wonder what the deal was with the wallet you received.

OMG... The C in the heat stamp on the lock just fell off:wtf:

This looks like the EXACT same wallet that I bought from them at the christmas sale. The C in the heat stamp had fallen off mine too. (Wonder if they are reselling returns?) I emailed them straight away, complained and obviously returned it. They gave me a $75 (aussie dollar) credit note.

THE HEAT STAMP ON THE LOCK WAS VERY DEEP, ALMOST LIKE IT WAS CARVED INTO THE LEATHER. BECAUSE IT WAS SO DEEP THE C JUST PEELED AWAY.
sORRY ABOUT THE BLURINESS OF THE PICS HAD TO USE MY CAMARA PHONE AND SOME REASON IT WOULDN'T TAKE CLEAR PIC. i MUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO LOAD PICS FROM MY CAMARA ONLINE.