Paddy serial number question

annabelle

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
Hello, I am new to this forum, and I have been reading a lot of posts about the Paddington Satchels. I just purchased one this morning from Nordstrom's @ South Coast Plaza in CA. It is chocolate with the dark lining. I read a few posts about the serial number, but I don't see a serial number tag on mine. :worried: I searched the entire lining. I'm not sure what to think. Nordstrom's is an authorized Chloe seller, right? Where exactly should the serial number tag be?

Nordstroms is an authorized retailer. I was wondering about the serial number too, the only one I can really think of (until someone enlightens me) is the one on the Chloe tag that they then attach it to the bag. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable about Paddies can enlighten us about that.

I have the Paddy and the serial number is on a tan colored tag on the inside side seam of the bag. It is about 1 inch long, but less than 1/2 inch wide. Easy to miss.

Hope this helps.

What do you mean inside seam? I am looking everywhere on my whiskey and I don't see it at all. :sad: I bought it from NM, so I am not worried about authenticity (maybe I should be) , but it bothers me that I can't find the tag!

I am sorry - it is in sewn in the seam of the inside pocket. If you are looking at the inside pocket so that the "Chloe, Made in Italy" stamp is facing you, the tag is inside on the right, towards the bottom.

I am sure both of your bags are authentic - if you bought them from NM and Nordstorms. I would post a pic, but have no idea how.

Yes, now I see it. Mine is on the right side of the inside pocket seam. It is 10 digits long. Thanks, glily! I am red faced now! I was just a little paranoid from reading about the really good fakes out there. BalenciagaLove, did you find it yet? Thanks again!

Ok... I turned my bag inside out and I found the tag.......
DRUMROLL....

It is blank. Nothing written on it. Wow... manufacturing simply isn't what it used to be!:blink:

I wonder if I should return it to NM and tell them I have a defective bag!

That's a surprise, especially if it's from NM, it HAS to be authentic though. It must be a defect? I actually got a defective Bulga Medium Hobo from NM (the inside pocket seam was sewn in a way that it would not fully extend) they exchanged without question...

I don't know enough about Chloe's to know if this is somehting that is done or not. I would have a chat with NM about it. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with the bag and not have to worry about it's authenticity. Good luck! (I have another Chloe - I will check that tag as well.)

I just called NM and they said that they would take the bag back and credit me the full amount. They are also checking the warehouse to see if they have any more in stock to exchange it with me. I kept all the paperwork for authenticity sake... but Geesh.... you figure for $1500, the bags would be made correctly!

Thanks for all your help too! I would have never known about it otherwise! Karma to you!

BalenciagaLove, that is very good news indeed. Do you think you will get another? You know, I bought my Paddy from NAP and when it came, the stitching on the cell phone pocket was coming apart!! They were great about sending me a new one, but I thought the same thing - for $1500, it should be flawless.