Paddy serial number question

BalenciagaLove

Plisse Me!
Feb 4, 2006
SF Bay Area
I probably will, since I bought the shoes and the outfit already for the bag. If they don't have it, I may just hang on to it, but it's just depressing to have that happen. I had returned the ivory one because the color was too yellow for me...

I have great luck with Balenciaga, but with everyone else, it seems to just be rock bottom... I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something....

annabelle

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
Glad to hear NM is willing to help you. BTW, I have a silly question. Do you ladies ever hang the padlock elsewhere on the bag? I don't want to use the key to unlock everytime when I go out. Where else is a good place to hang the padlock?

BalenciagaLove

Plisse Me!
Feb 4, 2006
SF Bay Area
I leave it always on the padlock site, but I don't lock my bag ever. I just tuck in the side straps under the lock and typically, the weight of the lock holds it all down.

If I was locking it every time, I think I'd be done with the bag. It's too complicated for me.

annabelle

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
Thanks, that's a great idea. Sorry about your paddy. I know, I would be depressed, too. Even though you know it is truly authentic, you want every detail to be 100% perfect! Well I hope you will get your replacement soon.

ninachloe

Apr 11, 2006
I have a similar question - my paddy (from Barney's) does not have Chloe
Made in Italy
stamped anywhere on the leather inside the bag! Could this be a defect? Everything else seems fine.. but if down the road I want to sell, this could cost me. I think I will have to call or take bag to store and find out what to do? Any input? :weird:
Thanks

blugenie

Endless Summer
O.G.
Feb 23, 2006
ninachloe said:
I have a similar question - my paddy (from Barney's) does not have Chloe
Made in Italy
stamped anywhere on the leather inside the bag! Could this be a defect? Everything else seems fine.. but if down the road I want to sell, this could cost me. I think I will have to call or take bag to store and find out what to do? Any input? :weird:
Thanks
Hi ninachloe - sorry you can't find the stamp - it's supposed to be inside below the flap?? Another gal didn't see a Chloe-Made in Italy stamp and it came from Chloe/Bahrain boutique. Their explanation was that sometimes (especially in that particular color) the stamp didn't imprint deeply and would fade/fluff back up over time. (She looked super hard and finally saw a faint image) They told her to send it to Chloe oversears for restamping. But you could walk it into Barneys and ask them to replace or send for that repair. I would certainly want the stamp for resell if needed.... good luck!

BalenciagaLove

Plisse Me!
Feb 4, 2006
SF Bay Area
Ninachloe, it took me 3 whiskey bags to get a "perfect" one. I would definitely call the store and see what they can do. Hopefully, replace it or restamp it. It may take some time so hang in there. I went through a major annoyance period with NM for a long while, but now that I have a good SA there, I'm happy again. Good luck and keep us posted!