Paddington size?

Star15Rin

MAC Madness!
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
CT
USCgerl, you will def. want to keep both!!!! Good color choices!!! Post pics when you get them!

bagluvah

Jul 29, 2006
Very first post here... can someone tell me how much stuff this size Paddy will hold? I tend to carry BIG MOTHER purses and I just purchased a Paddy on ebay (from a very reputable seller, per these boards) and I am scared it won't be big enough for me. What do I carry on a day-to-day basis? Wallet, credit card case, eyeglasses in case, sunglasses in case, palm pilot, cellphone, makeup case, keys (car, home, office, etc.,) 1 pen, 1 pack of gum, 1 pack of breathmints... Will it all fit?

The Paddy will carry all this and more. I carry a lot of stuff in my bag that usually won't fit in any other purse unless it's a big monster bag. It's actually quite a clever design in that it is so spacious yet doesn't seem that way.

Bonus for Paddington! :yes:

beth001

Purse Slut
O.G.
Dec 14, 2006
Western NY
New question (not sure if I should start another thread? look to see if this has already been answered on another thread?) My medium Paddington arrived today and the Jeans Moyen color is gorgeous! I was a little bit afraid of it being too baby blue, but it is not. It definitely is gray-blue. I think it will be awesome in the winter when I put away the deep chocolate Hayden-Harnett hobo I'm currently carrying. Anyway, here's my question: The two zippers on the top don't move with slickness. Does that mean something bad? Is there something I should do to help them slide better? Tips? Tricks? Thanks. I'm so delighted that I discovered this board -- you girls are awesome.

Sushi789

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
Irissy, I ordered both the whiskey and ivory satchel. I'll debate on which color when I recieve them. I was curious about the size since a lot of people have commented and/or complained about the weight of the bag. When I first got my MJ venetia bag I thought it was heavy as well, but just got used to the weight. Anyone with the Paddington able to let me know if it's much heavier than the Marc Jacobs Venetia?
You're a gal after my own heart... my first love was the MJ Venetia and the second the Chloe paddy satchel. I think they weigh about the same. The Paddy might even be a bit more comfortable to carry in my opinion, the straps don't dig into your arm quite as much as the venetia's do.
When Paddies came out they really weighed a ton, but the locks have gotten lighter in recent years.
Enjoy, and I hope you can keep both! But if I had to choose one, I'd choose the whiskey. I love the light colors, but I stay away from them because of the dirt factor.

DesignerElla

Too Addicted
O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
Medfield, MA
hubchic.com
It makes a great exercise... help builds your arm muscles. ;)
Yes!!! Walking the mall will be THAT much better for me! Too bad it's going to storm these next few days.

Can't wait to take out my Paddy, love her. :love::heart:

Oh yeah and I don't find it too too too heavy. I can do Marc Jacobs EASILY. So far, when holding her, my Paddy feels fine. I plan on removing the lock for some occasions.

DesignerElla

Too Addicted
O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
Medfield, MA
hubchic.com
^^Irissy, I'll be sure to tell my husband that so that maybe he'll let me keep both my pre-ordered bags...one for each arm!
LOLOLOLOL I need the Mousse for that! My BFF would be so happy if I lose all the weight I need by lugging two Paddies, lolol - that I'm sure he'd buy me a present. ;) A Silverado????????!!!!!!! :roflmfao:

eddavhhr

shopping fool
Dec 18, 2006
SF Bay Area
beth : You should be fine. I fit a lot of stuff in mine, sometimes a paperback, large wallet, sunglasses in very bulky case, full size brush, gum, mints, makeup, perfume mini, pocket tissue pack, travel size hairspray, pen, keys, extra checkbooks, and cell, the last 3 of which I keep in the outside pockets (there's a lot of room there if the items are flat) and maybe a pack of ciggies if I'm cheating.:whistle: I also tend to carry the "BIG MOTHER purses" :roflmfao: (never described them that way before!) and this one has a lot of space in the bottom. The top just doesn't open as wide unless you unhook the zippers at the ends.

lynnix

Jun 11, 2006
You will love the paddington meduim. The problem is you might want to keep both bags, they both devine! good luck on your decisions! keep us posted!

+sonja+

Jul 23, 2006
Beth you can try to rub a little candle to zippers, I had a bit troubles with my paddy wallet's zipper and candle made it slide better (I did that when I got it and now I've had and used the wallet for 6 months and the zipper still slides perfectly!) :rolleyes:

pquiles

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Fort Hood, TX
Beth you can try to rub a little candle to zippers, I had a bit troubles with my paddy wallet's zipper and candle made it slide better (I did that when I got it and now I've had and used the wallet for 6 months and the zipper still slides perfectly!) :rolleyes:
Regular candle wax?

avery

Apr 13, 2006
My med. paddy was so heavy when I was carrying it during the spring/summer that it gave me back problems and I had to go for physio! but I still love it!

eddavhhr

shopping fool
Dec 18, 2006
SF Bay Area
^^ I bet you still carry it, though! These bags are addictive.:lol: sonja : TY for the tip about candle wax - filing it away for future use. beth : I knew I left something out; I also fit a full size Oil of Olay face lotion in my Paddy...she looks beautiful wrinkly, I don't!:P