Paddington or Balenciaga?

Which bag should I buy first?

• Chloe Paddington

• Balenciaga City Motorcycle

Results are only viewable after voting.
the thing is...i can get the balenciaga right now and will probably have to wait at least a few months for the paddington if it even works out...ahhhhh

CeeJay said:
Well ... I guess I'm going to be the "odd man out" ... I would go with the Balenciaga bag. However, the reason why I'm saying this is because I find the Paddington to be way too heavy!!! After a day's worth of walking around with that puppy on your shoulder (and with all the 'junk' that I stuff my purse with anyhow), you need pain-killers!

That being said, I do hope that Balenciaga gets their act together and goes back to their original leather manufacturer as the leather on the 2005 Fall bags was not the same as before. I must say, the leather on the Chloe bags (I do love my Silverado Tote) is superb! However, I do find that the leather on the Chloe bags mar much easier than on the Balenciaga bags.

Didn't Vogue recently classify the Balenciaga bag in the same 'category' as Hermes Kelly/Birkin, Chanel, etc. - in other words, a "classic"?

I agree with everything you said. I do love both though. I hope that Balenciaga goes with the original leather as well. The Balenciaga is so great and lightweight.

It depends the use of the bag. To me, the Paddington seems a little more classic while the Balenciaga seems more fun. Does anyone know what I mean?

CeeJay said:
Well ... I guess I'm going to be the "odd man out" ... I would go with the Balenciaga bag. However, the reason why I'm saying this is because I find the Paddington to be way too heavy!!! After a day's worth of walking around with that puppy on your shoulder (and with all the 'junk' that I stuff my purse with anyhow), you need pain-killers!

That being said, I do hope that Balenciaga gets their act together and goes back to their original leather manufacturer as the leather on the 2005 Fall bags was not the same as before. I must say, the leather on the Chloe bags (I do love my Silverado Tote) is superb! However, I do find that the leather on the Chloe bags mar much easier than on the Balenciaga bags.

Didn't Vogue recently classify the Balenciaga bag in the same 'category' as Hermes Kelly/Birkin, Chanel, etc. - in other words, a "classic"?

I read that too about the Balenciaga...it was either in Vogue or InStyle. Tough call, but I think I would choose the Balenciaga. It's been around for a while, and seems to have staying power. Plus, I think that they've stuck mainly to the same style or look, whereas Chloe has really diversified the Paddington so soon. I dunno if what I'm trying to say makes sense.

Most definately the paddington. Everybody here has a Balenciaga in every different color! I never resorted to buying one. Rarely do I see a paddington. And it has never been on the shelf more than a minute!!! People who get the paddington here have been on the wait list forever!!!! If you can get one, go for a paddy!!!:love:

Issmom said:
I think if its a question of which you buy FIRST, then you go with Paddington. I think that Balenciagas are, in general, easier to find at any time (not easy, just easier). If you have a shot at getting a Paddington, don't pass it up. That color might not be locate-able next month if you do the Balenciaga now.

I know what u mean.. I passed the "new black" greyish paddington a month ago.. and I want it now!!!.. But the thing is my great great SA can give me a chocolate brown paddington... without me special order it. But I don't think it's the color that I want.. BUT then again, I don't want to regret it, and I do not want a light color.. as I am so anal about my white spy and I've learnt my lesson! I have the bag until wednesday now. As of this minute, I am leaning towards getting the brown paddington ;) Also, I cannot and will not get the whiskey as I'm getting the honey spy next week.

This is a picture of the brown paddy I've taken from the other forum.

What do you guys think about the chocolate brown paddy? Yummy enough? I want the light blue color.. but I think getting the chocolate will be a good investment as it will never going to get dirty hehehe... I mean it will but it will not show it... :lol:

attachment.php

wellow said:
I know what u mean.. I passed the "new black" greyish paddington a month ago.. and I want it now!!!.. But the thing is my great great SA can give me a chocolate brown paddington... without me special order it. But I don't think it's the color that I want.. BUT then again, I don't want to regret it, and I do not want a light color.. as I am so anal about my white spy and I've learnt my lesson! I have the bag until wednesday now. As of this minute, I am leaning towards getting the brown paddington ;) Also, I cannot and will not get the whiskey as I'm getting the honey spy next week.

This is a picture of the brown paddy I've taken from the other forum.

What do you guys think about the chocolate brown paddy? Yummy enough? I want the light blue color.. but I think getting the chocolate will be a good investment as it will never going to get dirty hehehe... I mean it will but it will not show it... :lol:

attachment.php

I love it, it's gorgeous!
Did you say your getting the honey next week? I am jealous!:love:

i think i've decided on the pewter medium balenciaga. as soon as i saw it, i stopped lusting after the paddington, and anyone that reads this board regularly knows how much i've been lusting after the paddington.

the trend really isn't important to me, it's not like anyone here is going to know what either one is anyway. the balenciaga fits my style better, i think, plus i found a great one on ebay for $600 less than the paddington. and the paddington is white, meaning that it'll probably get dirty...yeah, i'm definately thinking balenciaga.

and whoever said that 'balenciaga' is a great word is right! i love it! best name for a brand that there is.

amanda said:
i think i've decided on the pewter medium balenciaga. as soon as i saw it, i stopped lusting after the paddington, and anyone that reads this board regularly knows how much i've been lusting after the paddington.

the trend really isn't important to me, it's not like anyone here is going to know what either one is anyway. the balenciaga fits my style better, i think, plus i found a great one on ebay for $600 less than the paddington. and the paddington is white, meaning that it'll probably get dirty...yeah, i'm definately thinking balenciaga.

and whoever said that 'balenciaga' is a great word is right! i love it! best name for a brand that there is.

I am glad you have finally decieded, you sound sure of yourself so I am sure you will be happy with your new bag. You will have to post pics when you get it.You mentioned where you live I love Athens, GA (I am originally from AL). Athens home of Widespread Panic, my favorite band! And yes Balenciaga does have a ring to it!