Paddington or Balenciaga?

Which bag should I buy first?

• Chloe Paddington

• Balenciaga City Motorcycle

Results are only viewable after voting.

wellow

In a bliss
Nov 10, 2005
If I should take a poll.. which bag should I buy first? I will buy both eventually.. just not both at the same time.. I'll buy the second one whichever is that next month..

I can understand why there was such hype around the Balenciaga this year, but I find the staying power of the moto bag very questionable for 2006. Besides, I don't see many people carrying them as much as I used to. Ultimately, it depends on your personal preference, but I think you're better off with the paddington.

Ha ha ha... this is exactly what I have in mind too! I want both the paddy and the B-bag. :love: Well, they are both hard to find and both around the same price range but I'll say to go for the paddy first because the paddy is still IN and the B-bag we're not sure of it. Good luck wellow!!! :amuse:

Well ... I guess I'm going to be the "odd man out" ... I would go with the Balenciaga bag. However, the reason why I'm saying this is because I find the Paddington to be way too heavy!!! After a day's worth of walking around with that puppy on your shoulder (and with all the 'junk' that I stuff my purse with anyhow), you need pain-killers!

That being said, I do hope that Balenciaga gets their act together and goes back to their original leather manufacturer as the leather on the 2005 Fall bags was not the same as before. I must say, the leather on the Chloe bags (I do love my Silverado Tote) is superb! However, I do find that the leather on the Chloe bags mar much easier than on the Balenciaga bags.

Didn't Vogue recently classify the Balenciaga bag in the same 'category' as Hermes Kelly/Birkin, Chanel, etc. - in other words, a "classic"?

I think if its a question of which you buy FIRST, then you go with Paddington. I think that Balenciagas are, in general, easier to find at any time (not easy, just easier). If you have a shot at getting a Paddington, don't pass it up. That color might not be locate-able next month if you do the Balenciaga now.