Paddington for my daughter

If you are totally new to Paddingtons, I would really suggest that you get it from an authorized online dealer. luisaviaroma.com ::: home page ::: has very very good prices compared to US retail, and while you might be paying slightly more with them than say, getting a used bag off ebay, you would be getting a guaranteed *authentic* *new* bag in the latest season colours. The cheaper bags on ebay are either fake or they have been used (abused) quite a lot. You and your daughter really do not need the heartache of getting a fake or poor condition bag just to save some money.

The medium Paddington (most popular size) goes for Euros 887.50 (you pay less than indicated on their website if you are outside the EU because sales tax gets deducted immediately). That is roughly USD 1150. There will be a shipping charge of Euros 50 for orders less than Euros 1000, so that make is approximately USD1220. You would need to pay customs and duties, plus your local sales tax when FedEx sends it to you, which would add another 10% or so, making a total of about USD 1350-1400. This is really a good price compared to US retail, especially since all taxes are already accounted for. They also have a fantastic return policy (I should know – I just returned a Paddington to them).

If your daughter likes brown, I would suggest the colours brun (dark) or muscade (light) for this seasons' colours. They also have chocolate as well. Why not take a look?

I really appreciate all of your help sooo much!!! Ya'll have been great! Any other suggestions or sites you have for me to look at just send post them!!! Thanks again!!

Hugs!:heart:

Hi Roxane,
Your post was very helpful. just one question. If the bag from LVR was return for a refund, would u get a refund for the import duties and taxes? I'm hoping to return something but very worried that i might not get the tax and import diutes i paid. please let me know. or is it not worth it and just exchange it?
Thank you.

Lynnix, you would not get a refund for the custom duties and taxes you paid. I asked FedEx and they said it did not matter whether the bag was returned in less than a week. The government will tax you once the bag comes in.

Apart from the taxes that I had to absorb, LVR paid for collection and delivery by FedEx (because the fault lay with LVR, not with me). I exchanged it for another bag, which just arrived this morning, but I would have to pay taxes on this new bag all over again.

So it does not matter if you returned for a refund or for an exchange. The taxes on the original bag cannot be recovered :sad:

I had a great experience ordering from aloharag.com I ordered a chocolate belt pocket paddy from them and it is PERFECT. I know they also had a chocolate baby paddy on their site. I think the only colors in the regular satchel that I saw available last were black and orange, but you might check with them. Excellent customer service, very fast shipping, fair return policy, no taxes for me in Indiana and the price is lower than retail. Hard to beat that!

Roxane, that is a shame. i called FEDEX and they said I need to file it to the customs department. I can file as long as I have the proof that i have return for a refund it is called "drawn back" so yes it is possible. anyway, also, if i exchanged the bag, LVR will send it returned/exchanged so i don't need to pay taxes again. I wonder why you got charged twice.

Lynnix, possibly because I am in a different country (not US) from you? Perhaps I could actually get back my taxes, but FedEx did not want to commit themselves. I suspect I would have to do all the paperwork with customs myself in any case. Since I pay a total of only about 5-6% taxes in my country, I don't think it is worth my while for the hassle. As it is, I save about 30% buying from LVR compared to retail in my country, so I am really not fussed.

Glad to know you can get your taxes back though! Gives others more incentive to buy from LVR, I find they are cheaper even than Aloha Rag, even with taxes thrown in.

Hi Ya'll!
I'm new to the forum and it's been great so far!!

I have a couple of questions...My daughter, who will be 21 soon, is wanting a Paddington bag in the brown color. Where might I find one online at a discounted price? Also, how do I tell if it's authentic or not?

I appreciate any help!! Thanks tons!!

Hugs!:flowers:

Hi Glittering,

I am PM'ing you.