Scarves Packing H Scarves

Hmm... don't have one (yet) but aren't they supposed to be stored rolled? I would probably poke a couple air holes in the lid of a disposable plastic container (I have a million of these from Whole Foods cut fruit, parmesan cheese, nuts, dried fruit etc) that had been thoroughly washed and stick them in there. You could probably fit two in one container. Another idea might be to roll them around a cylinder, like maybe an empty paper towel roll, secure with tissue and ribbon, and pop it in a ziplock. The cylinder would help the plisse keep its round shape. Or you could roll the scarf by itself, put it in a ziplock, and put the roll (carefully) in a shoe to keep it rolled? Probably lots of other ways to do this, too. I just don't like travelling with the orange boxes because they are bulky, and they get dinged up in my suitcase.

Great ideas! Thank you!

Hi my dear scarfies,

I didn't find a thread on this topic, so decided to start one. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on scarf transportation. So far, I have always brought my 90s in a H box, wrapped in a plastic bag (2 per box) with me on trips. However, these boxes take up so much space. Wondering how you handle scarf transportation.
thanks for your tips! :heart:

btw - here's my traveling capsule for next week (1 day traveling, 4 days conference, red eye):
IMG_7076.jpg

Rolled into silk pouches or small repurposed SLG dust bags
I do the same thing, @papertiger. Sometimes, I put them in big, plastic resealable bags (like Ziploc, etc.) which protects my scarves and shawls from snags or possible spills and enables customs inspectors to see/ check them without touching them directly. :amuse:

@blydia, safe travels!

I travel almost every week for work, so I have a lot of experience packing scarves in my carry on.

I usually just put them in one of those fabric zip up pouches Hermes sells. I also have a fabric makeup bag / pouch of sorts that is more reinforced than the Hermes one that I use a lot too.

I store scarves folded, so I travel with them folded as well.

I actually really like the custom scarf ‘books’ that are available online, but haven’t gotten around to getting one yet. Need to look into that.

Reactions: Marmota
I store my scarves in the Hollinger Edge windowed envelopes referenced here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/storing-my-scarves.91006/page-22#post-31564682

I just pull the envelopes from the box, and stack them into an Eagle Creek folder (which I love for packing in general). This works well for twills. I've found that the envelopes just crush the life out of mousselines, and are probably too small for cashmeres, but you could probably just stack those in the folders on top.

I responded to the original post but will repeat here. Pre Mai-Tai, I bought a silk pouch made by a friend for the purpose of carrying H scarves. I can carry about 6 in there; the dimensions are the same as an H scarf box. I also carry a CSGM in a plastic baggies in my purse and maybe one or two more in my carry on bag.

I always keep my scarves in my carry on luggage.

I am going to get a couple more of the scarf pouches - this time from Mai Tai. Love using the pouches!!

When I make my annual trek to the H sale, I bring lots of baggies and carry the silks home in them.