Packaging Question

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Hello Ladies, I have a little question regarding packaging and presentation when buying in-store these days. In the past 2 months, I've made 3 in-store purchases: Capucines BB along with a Monogram Shawl at the Champs-Élysées store and Toiletries Pochette 26 in Munich. All came with the orange boxes, I asked for a dustbin for the scarf and was given accordingly. On both occasions, the interactions with the SAs were pleasant and smooth. I only noticed that there were no blue ribbons after I got back to the hotel/home. It was weird particularly with the Champ-Champs-Élysées purchase because the SA tied a ribbon around my husband's purchase (which was the Messenger PM Voyager) but no ribbons around both my boxes. Seems like a small matter; still I like my purchases to come in pretty and complete packaging. All the online purchases recently came with full packaging. Any thoughts?

Thank you for responding. The full packaging came without a doubt for years; then this started to happen recently. The scarves do not automatically come with dustbags, I always ask for them because this I like to keep these delicate pieces in their dustbags when I carry them around in my handbag. It was just odd when the same SA put a ribbon around my husband's box but not mine at the same transaction.

Just ask for what you want. They don't always do a full wrap if you're buying for yourself. Also scarves don't usually come with dust bags.

Thank you for responding. The full packaging came without a doubt for years; then this started to happen recently. The scarves do not automatically come with dustbags, I always ask for them because this I like to keep these delicate pieces in their dustbags when I carry them around in my handbag. It was just odd when the same SA put a ribbon around my husband's box but not mine at the same transaction.
What kind of box did you have? The drawer boxes are often left ribbon-less.

I made my first LV purchase and yes, surprise there's no ribbon around the box. Also box seemed too small for the bag.

Maybe they're trying to save $. Much like how we now have to pay for plastic bags at grocery stores [emoji1]

It was the ones with magnetic closures for both the Capucine and shawl; then draw box for the Toiletry Pochette. The Voyager came with a magnetic box as well. Coincidentally, around the same time at Chanel Rue Cambon, the SA (very lovely one) asked whether I wanted boxes for my items as well. It was just all happening around the same time. I do feel that the presentation of luxury purchase is part of the overall experience.
What kind of box did you have? The drawer boxes are often left ribbon-less.

It was the ones with magnetic closures for both the Capucine and shawl; then draw box for the Toiletry Pochette. The Voyager came with a magnetic box as well. Coincidentally, around the same time at Chanel Rue Cambon, the SA (very lovely one) asked whether I wanted boxes for my items as well. It was just all happening around the same time. I do feel that the presentation of luxury purchase is part of the overall experience.
I most often decline the boxes because when I travel it's a real burden and I m out of space in my closet! :P I would suggest that, going forward, you specify that you want your items gift wrapped when you make a purchase at Louis Vuitton. Then you will know that you are getting box + ribbon.

Thank you for responding. It is a tad of a downer, isn't it? Luxury shopping includes luxury presentations of purchases. I do like the indulging part of undoing the ribbons and unboxing my purchases; they belong to the entire experience, in my opinion. Maybe I am old-fashion:noworry: (punt intended:heart:). All my recent online purchases still came with full packaging. The quality of their products and the hits-&misses with their SAs service quality has been long-standing floating issues; and now this too? It is a small matter, but they do add up to the bigger picture.

Was your purchase done online or in-store?

I made my first LV purchase and yes, surprise there's no ribbon around the box. Also box seemed too small for the bag.

Maybe they're trying to save $. Much like how we now have to pay for plastic bags at grocery stores [emoji1]

It is absolutely appropriate when they ask about packaging expectations first. To just assume and not do it is another issue. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts:heart: And I agree, they do take up lots of closet space! We started using some of the boxes as part of our Konmarie project for organizing cupboards and drawers, very handy I have to say! Those boxes are sturdy:tup:

I most often decline the boxes because when I travel it's a real burden and I m out of space in my closet! :P I would suggest that, going forward, you specify that you want your items gift wrapped when you make a purchase at Louis Vuitton. Then you will know that you are getting box + ribbon.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I too was surprised that my recent purchases both via web and store didn't have the ribbon either. In store, I was asked if I wanted a box and the SA had to hunt for one. The box seemed too small for the bag when I opened it at home, but this purchase was an Artsy which is quite a large bag! I hadn't considered the travel concern with a box which makes sense. I may just start saying they are gifts whether to myself or not for aesthetics :biggrin:
Looking forward to some reveals this week!!