Packaging Question

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Currently Munich Germany
Hello Ladies, I have a little question regarding packaging and presentation when buying in-store these days. In the past 2 months, I've made 3 in-store purchases: Capucines BB along with a Monogram Shawl at the Champs-Élysées store and Toiletries Pochette 26 in Munich. All came with the orange boxes, I asked for a dustbin for the scarf and was given accordingly. On both occasions, the interactions with the SAs were pleasant and smooth. I only noticed that there were no blue ribbons after I got back to the hotel/home. It was weird particularly with the Champ-Champs-Élysées purchase because the SA tied a ribbon around my husband's purchase (which was the Messenger PM Voyager) but no ribbons around both my boxes. Seems like a small matter; still I like my purchases to come in pretty and complete packaging. All the online purchases recently came with full packaging. Any thoughts?

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Currently Munich Germany
Thank you for responding. The full packaging came without a doubt for years; then this started to happen recently. The scarves do not automatically come with dustbags, I always ask for them because this I like to keep these delicate pieces in their dustbags when I carry them around in my handbag. It was just odd when the same SA put a ribbon around my husband's box but not mine at the same transaction.

Just ask for what you want. They don't always do a full wrap if you're buying for yourself. Also scarves don't usually come with dust bags.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Thank you for responding. The full packaging came without a doubt for years; then this started to happen recently. The scarves do not automatically come with dustbags, I always ask for them because this I like to keep these delicate pieces in their dustbags when I carry them around in my handbag. It was just odd when the same SA put a ribbon around my husband's box but not mine at the same transaction.
What kind of box did you have? The drawer boxes are often left ribbon-less.

ahhgoo

Shopaholic
O.G.
Oct 30, 2010
Canada
I made my first LV purchase and yes, surprise there's no ribbon around the box. Also box seemed too small for the bag.

Maybe they're trying to save $. Much like how we now have to pay for plastic bags at grocery stores [emoji1]

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Currently Munich Germany
It was the ones with magnetic closures for both the Capucine and shawl; then draw box for the Toiletry Pochette. The Voyager came with a magnetic box as well. Coincidentally, around the same time at Chanel Rue Cambon, the SA (very lovely one) asked whether I wanted boxes for my items as well. It was just all happening around the same time. I do feel that the presentation of luxury purchase is part of the overall experience.
What kind of box did you have? The drawer boxes are often left ribbon-less.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
It was the ones with magnetic closures for both the Capucine and shawl; then draw box for the Toiletry Pochette. The Voyager came with a magnetic box as well. Coincidentally, around the same time at Chanel Rue Cambon, the SA (very lovely one) asked whether I wanted boxes for my items as well. It was just all happening around the same time. I do feel that the presentation of luxury purchase is part of the overall experience.
I most often decline the boxes because when I travel it's a real burden and I m out of space in my closet! :P I would suggest that, going forward, you specify that you want your items gift wrapped when you make a purchase at Louis Vuitton. Then you will know that you are getting box + ribbon.

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Currently Munich Germany
Thank you for responding. It is a tad of a downer, isn't it? Luxury shopping includes luxury presentations of purchases. I do like the indulging part of undoing the ribbons and unboxing my purchases; they belong to the entire experience, in my opinion. Maybe I am old-fashion:noworry: (punt intended:heart:). All my recent online purchases still came with full packaging. The quality of their products and the hits-&misses with their SAs service quality has been long-standing floating issues; and now this too? It is a small matter, but they do add up to the bigger picture.

Was your purchase done online or in-store?

I made my first LV purchase and yes, surprise there's no ribbon around the box. Also box seemed too small for the bag.

Maybe they're trying to save $. Much like how we now have to pay for plastic bags at grocery stores [emoji1]

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
Currently Munich Germany
It is absolutely appropriate when they ask about packaging expectations first. To just assume and not do it is another issue. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts:heart: And I agree, they do take up lots of closet space! We started using some of the boxes as part of our Konmarie project for organizing cupboards and drawers, very handy I have to say! Those boxes are sturdy:tup:

I most often decline the boxes because when I travel it's a real burden and I m out of space in my closet! :P I would suggest that, going forward, you specify that you want your items gift wrapped when you make a purchase at Louis Vuitton. Then you will know that you are getting box + ribbon.

Reactions: kkfiregirl

mak1203

Nov 7, 2015
Texas
I too was surprised that my recent purchases both via web and store didn't have the ribbon either. In store, I was asked if I wanted a box and the SA had to hunt for one. The box seemed too small for the bag when I opened it at home, but this purchase was an Artsy which is quite a large bag! I hadn't considered the travel concern with a box which makes sense. I may just start saying they are gifts whether to myself or not for aesthetics :biggrin:
Looking forward to some reveals this week!!

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Just ask for what you want. They don't always do a full wrap if you're buying for yourself. Also scarves don't usually come with dust bags.
Is this your experience? I'm just curious as have about 12 scarves and every single one of them has come with a dustbag and I've never had to ask.

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Any thoughts?
#firstworldproblem would be my thought! :biggrin:

If you would like all the bits and pieces then please ask for them. Personally, I'd rather they didn't bother as I chuck everything in the bin apart from the dustbag. I only keep the boxes for SLGs as they're easier to stack and label in their boxes.