Packaging for online order

Minnie24

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
I've just bought my first Dior bag (medium saddle) from the Dior UK site however I was a bit disappointed with the way it was packaged. The box didn't have a ribbon on, which I know in the grand scheme of things isn't important but I thought the boxes always came tied with a ribbon and it's my first Dior bag and was a gift from my husband for a special occasion. The box was also different to the boxes I usually see, mine opens like a book if that makes sense and is magnetic whereas all the boxes I usually see have a separate lid that comes off. Is this a new style of box?

The bag was in a dust bag but had no wrapping or protection on the hardware and no stuffing inside which I thought was strange. Did I get a return? Is this normally how items are packaged from the online store? Due to the looming price increase I don't have time to return for a refund and then repurchase before prices go up. I also ordered a strap at the same time but this hasn't arrived and is being sent separately which didn't make sense to me.

I wish I could have purchased in store now but all boutiques are closed here in UK :sad:

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I also got a magnetic box and no ribbon. This was my first Dior purchase. The boxes with the charms did have ribbons on them. My bag was wrapped very well though. One of the charms had some hairline scratches but honestly I dont want to go through the hassle of exchanging it. I dont even have a Dior near by. If the bag in good condition? You can always call CS. I dont think you have to pay the new price if you are exchanging it.

Hi Minnie, I totally understand your frustration especially with spending a chunk of money during these times and also to beat a looming price increase.
I had bad experience with online dior over a fragrance purchases over Christmas, they did not send free samples which I expected after spends on those fragrance and it was a lot of hoohaa running around. So this time I avoid them and bought my bag via Personal shopper from Selfridges which they have a Dior boutique. Very helpful and I got my bag within 24hrs. Came with everything even with the Christmas holiday wrapping they had left.
I highly recommend Selfridges or Harrods Personal shopper.

:sad:
I also got a magnetic box and no ribbon. This was my first Dior purchase. The boxes with the charms did have ribbons on them. My bag was wrapped very well though. One of the charms had some hairline scratches but honestly I dont want to go through the hassle of exchanging it. I dont even have a Dior near by. If the bag in good condition? You can always call CS. I dont think you have to pay the new price if you are exchanging it.

I guess I just expected a ribbon as I always see the beautifully packaged boxes and was disappointed that mine just seemed to be shoved in a box :sad: I know you said your bag was wrapped very well - did it have packaging on handles and stuffing inside? I have purchased bags from Chanel, Prada, Gucci etc and they always at least had stuffing inside the bag!

Hi Minnie, I totally understand your frustration especially with spending a chunk of money during these times and also to beat a looming price increase.
I had bad experience with online dior over a fragrance purchases over Christmas, they did not send free samples which I expected after spends on those fragrance and it was a lot of hoohaa running around. So this time I avoid them and bought my bag via Personal shopper from Selfridges which they have a Dior boutique. Very helpful and I got my bag within 24hrs. Came with everything even with the Christmas holiday wrapping they had left.
I highly recommend Selfridges or Harrods Personal shopper.

I'm really annoyed with myself that I didn't go through Selfridge's or Harrods :sad: but too late now as if I return to Dior I won't get the money back in time before price increase. I'm considering contacting customer service and asking for an exchange. I've always bought my bags from Harrods or Selfridge's (in person) and had excellent customer service and beautifully packaged items

I'm really annoyed with myself that I didn't go through Selfridge's or Harrods :sad: but too late now as if I return to Dior I won't get the money back in time before price increase. I'm considering contacting customer service and asking for an exchange. I've always bought my bags from Harrods or Selfridge's (in person) and had excellent customer service and beautifully packaged items
You could buy a new bag now from any of the UK boutiques (via virtual appointments bookable on the Dior site) to lock in the current price and return the bag you bought online to the online store at the same time?

Reactions: chubbyshopper
I've just bought my first Dior bag (medium saddle) from the Dior UK site however I was a bit disappointed with the way it was packaged. The box didn't have a ribbon on, which I know in the grand scheme of things isn't important but I thought the boxes always came tied with a ribbon and it's my first Dior bag and was a gift from my husband for a special occasion. The box was also different to the boxes I usually see, mine opens like a book if that makes sense and is magnetic whereas all the boxes I usually see have a separate lid that comes off. Is this a new style of box?

The bag was in a dust bag but had no wrapping or protection on the hardware and no stuffing inside which I thought was strange. Did I get a return? Is this normally how items are packaged from the online store? Due to the looming price increase I don't have time to return for a refund and then repurchase before prices go up. I also ordered a strap at the same time but this hasn't arrived and is being sent separately which didn't make sense to me.

I wish I could have purchased in store now but all boutiques are closed here in UK :sad:
Gosh I hope they don't start changing all the boutique boxes to magnetic boxes. I really dislike them as they are kind of flimsy especially when the adhesive wears off (they are assembled in store from flat packaging).

You could buy a new bag now from any of the UK boutiques (via virtual appointments bookable on the Dior site) to lock in the current price and return the bag you bought online to the online store at the same time?

I am tempted to do this, just makes me feel a bit queasy laying out another £3k while I wait for my refund from Dior if you know what I mean :shocked:

Yes I thought it felt flimsy, and also the box was very small. The whole online experience just wasnt great imo :sad:
Sad to hear that they didn't take the time to package it. It seems to depend on who is packing the order, without oversight it seems, at most online retailers I shop from. Sometimes the items from Ssense and Matches comes with all the foam wrap and protective plastic, and sometimes it comes without any of those and even without a dust bag! I'm in the process of returning an Ssense product and I ordered the same item with a different SKU and the packaging difference is night and day! One came with indentations without anything else, and the one I just got today came with all the brand new foam wrap and a dust bag! The inconsistency!

:sad:

I guess I just expected a ribbon as I always see the beautifully packaged boxes and was disappointed that mine just seemed to be shoved in a box :sad: I know you said your bag was wrapped very well - did it have packaging on handles and stuffing inside? I have purchased bags from Chanel, Prada, Gucci etc and they always at least had stuffing inside the bag!
Yes there was stuffing inside the bag and a felt on the flap. The strap was all wrapped up. But no wrapping on the handles. I guess it depends on who packs it as the PP said. Such a bummer though especially when you spend so much money!

I am tempted to do this, just makes me feel a bit queasy laying out another £3k while I wait for my refund from Dior if you know what I mean :shocked:
I totally feel you on this! I ordered a saddle from the online store but then decided I wanted the Bobby in camel but had to act fast because there were only a few left in stores. Funnily enough my online order was packaged nicer than the store order (it was fine, just missing some extra touches like the gold Dior star charm on the ribbon). So anyways, I ordered the Bobby while waiting for my saddle to be returned so my CC bill was wildin’ out for a minute :shocked: but I will say the online return was processed very quickly once they received it if that helps!

I ordered the notesbooks for 50 euros off of the website and they came beautifully wrapped. Box and ribbon with tissue paper. l did however not get the shopping bag or metal star. The CS said that online orders now do not come with the shopping bags beacuse of environmental reasons.

It seems I just got unlucky...very unlucky in fact as the guitar strap I ordered that was sent separately has now been lost by the courier :confused1:but neither the courier or Dior will take responsibility at the moment. What a palaver!

I spoke to Dior customer service and they said I can send the saddle back to exchange and it will be packaged properly and they will send me a new box etc but I can't decide whether it's worth it or not, and I would need to wait until the issue with the strap is sorted as it's all part of the same order. Would prefer just to place a brand new order from elsewhere but as I said above I can't justify laying out another £3k because of their mistake

• Wow
Reactions: A bottle of Red