Packaging: Do you always get ribbon and camellia?

Hi need some help. I bought a chanel bag from another perosn. It came with the full set-auth card, cloth(unopened), ribbon, camellia, paper bag. It is the 2014 vday pink medium flap abd it came in thr chsnel cardboard box. Should it be in thr magnetic box instead? I sent the bag for repair recently as the strass fell off, no problem getting it repaired. Should i be assured the bag is authentic? Thanks

At the chanel boutique, yes. At saks, no. My sa in Hawaii surprised me with 4 camellias. One on the outside of the bag, 2 inside randomly, and one on the box with the ribbon. I wish my local saks had good service like this -- without asking=P

Hi need some help. I bought a chanel bag from another perosn. It came with the full set-auth card, cloth(unopened), ribbon, camellia, paper bag. It is the 2014 vday pink medium flap abd it came in thr chsnel cardboard box. Should it be in thr magnetic box instead? I sent the bag for repair recently as the strass fell off, no problem getting it repaired. Should i be assured the bag is authentic? Thanks
I had card board box before from boutique as well!

Regular Black Box is correct. Magnetic is only for Classics. If they took it for the repair, yes rest assured it's authentic.

At the chanel boutique, yes. At saks, no. My sa in Hawaii surprised me with 4 camellias. One on the outside of the bag, 2 inside randomly, and one on the box with the ribbon. I wish my local saks had good service like this -- without asking=P

It's not about "good service" Saks does not have ribbons & camellias. Only for Classics, as it gets the standard "Icon" packaging that al Stores/Boutiques do.

I purchased my new medium caviar boy from Saks in MD and I received it beautifully packaged WITH a camelia. I purchased it two months ago. It also came in the classics magnetic box. My SA is a sweetheart. I appreciate she went the extra mile to make me happy that's why I will only purchase my Chanel through her.

Last edited:
I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to see if there have been any changes in regards to what stores have the camellia and ribbon packaging? Boutiques and BG have it on all purchases but what about Saks, Neimans, Bloomies, Nordstrom? A few years ago it was at Saks and NM on classics only.

I purchased a boy from NM and got the packaging which is what prompted me into looking at this thread since I always thought it was only offered on classics. Just thought it would be nice to have a recent update for other members who might be wondering the same thing :smile:

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to see if there have been any changes in regards to what stores have the camellia and ribbon packaging? Boutiques and BG have it on all purchases but what about Saks, Neimans, Bloomies, Nordstrom? A few years ago it was at Saks and NM on classics only.

I purchased a boy from NM and got the packaging which is what prompted me into looking at this thread since I always thought it was only offered on classics. Just thought it would be nice to have a recent update for other members who might be wondering the same thing :smile:
Please note that Bergdorf Goodman does not necessarily wrap ALL of their Chanel merchandise with Chanel white ribbon and camellias. I believe it varies among Sales Associates, type of purchase, etc. Sometimes there might be no wrapping on a non-iconic piece. Sometimes one might receive just BG wrapping for a Chanel non-iconic piece. There are occasions, although not guaranteed, that one might receive Chanel ribbons and camellias, or simply just Chanel ribbon, on iseasonal items. Chanel shoes from BG have never arrived with wrapping of any sort. It is also possible to receive ✨BOTH✨ BG + Chanel wrapping. I have experienced all of the above. Perhaps the wrapping is different, or more consistent, for in-store purchases?

Oddly enough just this week I received identical Boy Bags: one from Saks Fifth Avenue, wrapped in a lovely magnetic box with black "origami" tissue and Chanel sticker, yet the handbag was missing its protective felt and no polishing cloth was included. I received the second Boy Bag from BG in a random box (with a black top and white bottom), white tissue "stuffing", no sticker, yet it did have the proper protective felt, a polishing cloth and a Chanel ribbon and camellia.

Likewise, I have purchased SLGs and costume jewelry from Chanel Boutiques that were not wrapped with anything other than the shopping bag. Only the bag included a ribbon and a single camellia stuck to the outside. Although I do believe the norm for stand-alone Boutiques "is" to wrap all items in ribbons and camellias.

Last edited:
Reactions: luv4bags
Hi, I just bought a Chanel boy grained lambskin in SG but they only wrapped it with paper, ribbon and camellia. Box was not included. SA told that Chanel no longer provide boxes except classic. Is it true?