Package stuck in France customs HELP!

Natalis

Jun 18, 2018
I have sold an item to a lady in France. France customs are holding the package for clearance and it says I need to present an invoice to be cleared. The package is stuck with Chronopost and I’m not sure how to contact them to give them the invoice so I get my funds. Please help

Did you understate the value? I'm guessing you lied on the customs form and that's why they're holding it. (And if that's the case, count your blessings. There have been cases where items have been seized and sometimes destroyed because the seller undervalued it and customs assumed it was counterfeit.)

You can send them documentation showing what you sold it for. it would have to be the actual ebay transaction information and the paypal transaction info showing what you received as the sale price. You can't just state that you sold it for $x; you need to prove it.

I have sold an item to a lady in France. France customs are holding the package for clearance and it says I need to present an invoice to be cleared. The package is stuck with Chronopost and I’m not sure how to contact them to give them the invoice so I get my funds. Please help

They have an online chat available and a FAQ but you should try to find somebody who speaks English
"Excusez-moi, je ne parle pas français, parlez-vous anglais?"

https://www.chronopost.fr/en/help

Reactions: caannie