Package still hasn't arrived!

ms_luxe_style

luxe style
Jun 15, 2010
Hi all, I won a LV stole/scarf a few weeks ago now on eBay. Paid straight away with echeque, it cleared and the seller advised that the package was sent.
Now, I'm getting a little anxious as it's the 23rd today and still no package!? I'm in Australia so I know it takes a little longer but this seems a really long time? I've gotten the tracking info off eBay but this is saying it's just been sorted on the 8th, dispatched on the 10th in the US with no further info on the USPS track & trace.
Just wondering how much longer I should wait? Ive been home for the last few weeks as well due to being on maternity leave so I know I haven't missed it.
Any advise from international PF's?
TIA :smile:

I usually find packages to Australia arrive more quickly than some cross-country domestic ones! But that doesn't help in your case.

Based on the lack of tracking, it sounds as though the seller used either first class or flat rate envelope or small box. Those methods of shipment aren't trackable so that might explain why you aren't seeing updates.

Have you contacted the seller to ask how she sent it?

You do have 45 days to file for non-receipt so you're well within the timeframe. I'd give it another week and if you don't get it, file INR.

Thanks so much BB, I've been buying from the US for years & it usually arrives quite quickly. I emailed the seller this morning to ask how it was sent so hopefully I can get some more detail.
I'm hoping it's not just an envelope! You'd think when an item sold for ove $500 you'd make sure it was traceable & signed for!
I was going to wait until mid next week. I think this would be sufficiently long enough for it to arrive.
Thanks again, just wanted to know I wasn't overreacting.
I'm also 39 weeks pregnant so I was hoping to get it before things get very hectic!!
:nuts:

perhaps more info will be coming from your seller.. if not
just file an INR....and leave the appropriate dings for shipping & communication..
hopefully she has insured this package as it is over $250 as required by ebay
to do so...

It's getting close to the Christmas season, so I've noticed mail in general has slowed down considerably. Before, I usually got packages from the U.S. (I'm located in Canada) ~7 business days after they've been shipped. Yesterday, I got a package that was sent from the U.S. on November 3rd.

Just an update - got an email from the seller to say that she has contacted USPS & was advised it was in customs & that it's been delayed due to high volumes of shipments. Seems that it's on it's way although I'm still a bit worried as she still hasn't advised how the parcel was sent? Fingers crossed it arrives soon ;)