Pa-pee-et-tay!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. New to balenciaga... and hopefully this will NOT be my last! Already eying other styles/colours etc.
    Balenciaga is so addictive!

A little about me: Have been an LV lover since the mini monogram line. When Takashi Murakami jumped on board, I became obsessed...

For a while I flirted with Prada, miumiu, Coach... considered Chloe, Kooba and even Chanel... but as pretty as they were it just wasn't the right fit for me.

Something about Balenciagas are just so rocker-chic and so rebellious that it just appealed to me immensely.

Finally after weeks of shamelessly stalking the forums and hgbags, made my first purchase, the Papeete Day... here she is in all her glory:

Without Flash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    With flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was initially worried that the colour would turn out too cyan... sorta like Cyclade, if that makes any sense. I love greens and I wanted something in the seafoam/ vert d'eau family. I would say that the pics without flash are more accurate imo... with flash the bag looks more like a dirty baby blue.

A question for other day owners... how long does it take for your day to break in? It was a little bit stiff when I first got her, the handles kind of hurt my shoulder a little after carrying for a few hours. I'd say the leather has "given" a little, but how long until the bag becomes a "smooshy pile of leather"? or is it specific to the year/leather itself? Thanks!

3. Beautiful! Congrats!

4. thank you muggles!

5. Wow, the leather on your bag is incredibly smoothe! Enjoy!

6. Wow - great bag for you first choice - watch out - Bals are addictive....

I find the Day style to be so comfortable on the shoulder - I forgot I had mine on the first day I wore it - I like the fact that the strap never slips off my shoulder or get annoying. Just keep wearing it and it will puddle before you know it.

7. Oh, I already posted in the other thread but it's worth repeating; your bag is beautiful! Such a delicate and pretty colour.
    Many congrats!

Thanks for all the gorgeous pics :drool:

8. That leather and colour is just to die for :love:
    Congratualations :smile:

9. papeete is the bomb. I love love love it!

10. Yay for the Day!
    Lovely spring/summer color!

11. beautiful! the day is by far the comfiest bag around! it looks soft already, but it should break in pretty quickly. congrats!

12. #12 Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    Ohhh Papeete is SUCH a beautiful color! Looks really good in the Day style. Congrats and enjoy! FYI, this definitely won't be your last Bal purchase! ;)

13. very beautiful! i haven't seen it in a day yet -- i love!

14. Gorgeous! An amazing color too! Congrats!

15. Congrats! This is such a pretty color. I want papeete so bad!