P.O'd at Best Offer-er... what should I do???

Sorry this has happened - I would be a bit upset if I made an offer and then heard nothing from the seller for a few days :shrugs: especially if there were a couple of auctions for the same item I was either watching, bidding on or had made an offer on.

Maybe next time you could do as Jenny70 suggested and make contact just confirming that the offer has been received and you are considering it and will get back to them in the next day or so.

All great suggestions - and this is indeed one big lesson learned (after 8 yrs of ebay-ing with 100%+ fb... it's nice to keep it +!).

I have a bunch of watchers out there too, but since the auction is closing in a few hours I'm not holding my breath... but I am crossing my fingers!

Thanks again guys :heart:

Decline the offer and move on, you will not beout the FVfees becasue you did not accept. If you force the sale, it could turn into a headache, b/c if buyer doesn't pay, there isn't a whole you can do to make her pay and you will have to file to have ebay FVfees refunded, avoid the headache.
Cheers,

I don't think it's very nice to wait to respond to an offer to "see if you get a better one". I suspect your buyer was probably waiting and got tired of waiting (and I don't really blame her.. sorry).

In the future you should set an acceptable selling price in your mind, and accept/decline an offer on a timely matter or not use the "best offer" feature otherwise you are likely to run into this again.

I don't mean to sound harsh... just my 2 cents.

I guess it just depends on the buyer. As a buyer, if I put in a best offer I know the seller has 48 hours to accept my offer, counter offer, or ultimately get a better offer from another buyer and I've accepted those terms that they can use that time to make a decision.

Can a buyer decline/cancel their own offer before a seller responds, (for some reason I think they can)?

I guess it just depends on the buyer. As a buyer, if I put in a best offer I know the seller has 48 hours to accept my offer, counter offer, or ultimately get a better offer from another buyer and I've accepted those terms that they can use that time to make a decision.

Can a buyer decline/cancel their own offer before a seller responds, (for some reason I think they can)?

Yeah, I think you can retract an offer under certain conditions much like retracting a bid.

I just did a search on eBay help pages and found that a buyer CAN retract their best offer (same rules apply to bids/best offers) :yes:

All great suggestions - and this is indeed one big lesson learned (after 8 yrs of ebay-ing with 100%+ fb... it's nice to keep it +!).

I have a bunch of watchers out there too, but since the auction is closing in a few hours I'm not holding my breath... but I am crossing my fingers!

Thanks again guys :heart:

I get most of my bids in the last minute of the auction.....so there is still hope. Good luck!

I agree with others, keep moving. Theoretically, because she retracted her bid before you accepted it, there is no binding contract and she is not liable to you.

I hope one of those watchers will offer you a good price in time. Good luck!

I don't think the buyer is bound to anything if YOU haven't hit ACCEPT for the offer. You can hit decline and don't have to worry about it, but if you already accepted it than that's a different story.