Oy Vay .. Demna Design Fails!!!

Just happened to look at the MYTHERESA site as there is usually a lot of Balenciaga items (stopped following Balenciaga on IG) .. and saw these .. seriously?!?!?!?!

View attachment 4868861
Why??? I seriously don't get it. I understand brands having some quirky 'pointless' items here and there, but this pig earring just doesn't make any sense and doesn't even look cute, let alone nice.

imo it's fun and irreverent. but all in all, balenciaga today is a very 'youth' oriented brand.

also:

I agree with the 'youth' comment - I remember back in the day Balenciaga was such a hot fashion brand for people who appreciated quality leather, interesting designs and quirkiness. I remember every person fashion blogger that I followed on YouTube would have an array of gorgeous City bags, yet they still managed to make them look so unique because they had their own senses of style. Now, especially here in the UK, teenagers and instagrammers will buy anything with the BALENCIAGA plastered over it to show off that they're wearing a high-end brand - it's sad, I never expected Bal to become *that* brand. :yucky:

and if you have any doubts about slipping the foot in and getting the toes into the right slot, fear no more! there are the socks for you!
you're welcome!

IMG_20201021_1254006~2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RT1