Oxblood Bayswater tote?

stopmenow

Jan 21, 2012
In Hoopers this morning browsing the sale stock there were some new bags in the glass display cabinets. One of them was a Bayswater tote, which I thought was odd because they are usually out with the general stock, but it looked to be Oxblood. Could this be or were my eyes deceiving me? I don't think it was chocolate but it was down at ground floor level, not in the best light. I can't see it on mulberry.com but whatever it was it looked stunning.

This was not the regular Bayswater, but the tote version. Usually it just comes in oak, black and chocolate. I really don't think it was chocolate, it looked burgundy...and very beautiful. But it can't be, I may have to go back and ask tomorrow.

So I went back for another look today and it is indeed an Oxblood Bayswater tote which does not appear on the Mulberry website. It was stunning, slightly more purple than I imagined. I'm a bit confused.

It's quite common for mulberry themselves not to sell certain colours of items within uk. Sometimes they sell them abroad only- as they are with this bag - and /or their independent retailers stock them.
I've got a couple that I can recall like Aubergine delrey /midnight effie.
It's not possible for them to carry every line, I'm told and it makes their relationship with their independents more appealing.;)
It's very common to see stores like Selfridges stocking something different.