Oxblood Bayswater tote?

stopmenow

Jan 21, 2012
Yorkshire
In Hoopers this morning browsing the sale stock there were some new bags in the glass display cabinets. One of them was a Bayswater tote, which I thought was odd because they are usually out with the general stock, but it looked to be Oxblood. Could this be or were my eyes deceiving me? I don't think it was chocolate but it was down at ground floor level, not in the best light. I can't see it on mulberry.com but whatever it was it looked stunning.

BovinaRabbit

May 11, 2014
California
On the US website, there is a "Bayswater Oxblood in Natural Leather" bag priced at $1560. So I guess you did see what you thought you saw ;) How did it look IRL?

stopmenow

Jan 21, 2012
Yorkshire
This was not the regular Bayswater, but the tote version. Usually it just comes in oak, black and chocolate. I really don't think it was chocolate, it looked burgundy...and very beautiful. But it can't be, I may have to go back and ask tomorrow.

stopmenow

Jan 21, 2012
Yorkshire
So I went back for another look today and it is indeed an Oxblood Bayswater tote which does not appear on the Mulberry website. It was stunning, slightly more purple than I imagined. I'm a bit confused.

Sarah68

Mar 27, 2014
Kendals in Manchester has the Oxblood bayswater tote. Tried it on yday. Very nice. Colour is charming. It has joined my forever ever growing list.

beaver232

Jun 24, 2011
Hampshire
It's quite common for mulberry themselves not to sell certain colours of items within uk. Sometimes they sell them abroad only- as they are with this bag - and /or their independent retailers stock them.
I've got a couple that I can recall like Aubergine delrey /midnight effie.
It's not possible for them to carry every line, I'm told and it makes their relationship with their independents more appealing.;)
It's very common to see stores like Selfridges stocking something different.