Oxblood bag - Bays or Del Ray? Better option?

Lovely, deep colour, congrats

I remember the Del Reys looking darker than this - am I remembering wrongly or was the lighting quite bright when you took the pic?

Either way - very useful comparison shot! :tup:

When I first picked the DR up it did look darker, the lighting was quite harsh......didn't dare walk up to the front door with c.4k worth of handbags to check in natural light in case I felt the urge to leg it out the door. :nuts:

CP, you are a naughty enabler !!! I do need a medium oxblood lily ( chants to herself!,) I have an oxblood st laurent sac de jour but it is very different. Im seriously tempted but not at full RRP. I already have emerald, midnight, taupe medium lily and oxblood could be my final one ........
Hehe. I won't pay full RRP either. I got my medium lily last year for the price of the current regular lily!! I bought it at heathrow.
Hoping we get 20% or 30% off in the dec sales.

I have my eye on the small Alice in Oxblood. I'd like to see it in store first but I think I might treat myself very soon! I bought a pair of Oxblood boots in the sale last Christmas so I NEED an oxblood bag!

I've also got my eye on a midnight blue medium Lily - I think I'd better get myself a job!

I recently bought an Oxblood medium Lily; the color, the texture of the leather and especially the suede lining are stunning. I will try, but can't yet figure out how to post pics.

A big difference in colour depending on leather type

IMO primrose deepest burgundy and nicest leather

DR much lighter and leather needs babying IMO

SBB seemed washed out and dry

Tessie gets the thumbs up although not pictures nicest leather and richest colour

View attachment 2726035

I've really enjoyed reading through this thread. I had no idea Oxblood varied so much. I love the colour of the DelRey but agree the leather looks delicate and I'm not a DR fan. I had thought about a Tessie but am also put off by someone mentioning it's considered lower end. :graucho: I still have my old Oxblood Daria, definitely lower end
now:lolots: think I'll probably still stick with it. It's a real workhorse bag, I love the colour but am tempted to update and move it on if the right bag comes out. I guess a quilted Oxblood mini Cara would tempt me.

Gorgeous Elvis, Congrats and enjoy