Owning Two black Chanel Classic flap in different hardware color

cocoangel1144

Nov 29, 2022
I have a black medium classic in silver hardware, but i realize I wanted to gold hardware. I decided to buy the same bag but in gold hardware, do you think it’s too much? Or what is your opinion about it

My personal opinion: if the hardware makes a difference in your life keep them! Because if you keep one and sell the other and then later you may want the other so you will regret. As long as it makes you happy keep both of them! I used love silver hardware but past few years I been wearing and loving all my gold HW, so taste change over time.

It does and it doesn't.

I mix metals all the time so on one hand I wouldn't care for day, but they give a totally different vibe so I definitely see different purposes if I was going out in the evening when I either go bold-gold only or sparkle-on wg only.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and MillStream
I think we go through phases of liking a certain metal color. I was all about silver tone metal and then loved everything gold, went back to wanting to wear silver tone metal and now it is a combination of both depending on my outfit. If it were me, I would choose a different size but if the size medium is your preferred size and suits your frame then you should stick to that size.

Just for reference, I have a black medium CF in gold hdw, black mini in gold hardware and a black mini in silver hardware, black mini-woc in silver hdw and black new style mini-woc in gold hdw and I don't think it is too much. I branched out to color in the small CF size and minis.

Reactions: Joke and MillStream
I don't think it's too much. Certain days require certain hardware. But I suppose it depends on how often you will use it. If you'll use both hardware colors often, I think it's worth keeping both, but if not, then probably it's too much. I would find a different bag for those rare occasions.

Reactions: MillStream
Cocoangel1144, you don't mention whether your Black Medium CF with silver hardware and Black Medium CF GH are both Lambskin, both Caviar or one of each. I think both the hardware and leather choices can make these bags distinctly different from each other. My personal choice would be Caviar SH for a casual vibe and Lambskin GH for a more elegant vibe, if I were to have two nearly identical Medium CF's.

Nope, not too much! It sounds like you already have a great collection with the black, white, beige clair, and caramel; if a black in gold hardware brings you joy, go for it! I think our tastes tend to change over time too; I was totally into silver since I thought gold was too "matron-y" but now I adore gold. Love 'em all.