Owning a clutch without a clutch life?

Babi said:
I'll give you an example. When I go on sailing trips I do not carry leather bags, but have with me a small clutch (balenciaga). So when we have to go to grocery stores, to get an icecream or dinner, I just take that one with me.
Of course it's not a formal clutch.

Nice! Sailing makes me sick (don't ask...) but for sure I will find different purposes to carry a clutch.
One is going to the open air summer cinema, I never know where to put my bag!

Hearing how others use clutches makes me realize all the times I could be using mine and am not. Thanks for all the inspiration. Time to shop my closet.

But I have lots of daytime clutches that I carry during the day - to work, to school, etc. I even have an Alexander Wang clutch that can fit my iPad

I ended up getting myself a Kelly long wallet. It works out great because I can use it most of the time as a wallet, but it doubles as a clutch when I need it.

but the artwork on this one just made me have to have it. I use it when I'm just going out for lunch or something like that.

just to the theatre occasionally .

Tuck it under your arm, and you still have hands free.

use it for weddings.

I agree that a clutch will sneak up on you and find ways of leaving the house with you. Think about the evenings when someone else is driving and you don't need to carry much. Or going to the movie theater, or to a friend's for dinner.

You can take it if you're going to lunch or dinner and don't really need anything else. I would use it if I'm out with my bf just going to small stores/restaurants and don't need to carry much.

. I used them once a while when I am out for tea/shopping with my girl friends. They are beautiful little things which spice up our outfits.

So when we have to go to grocery stores, to get an icecream or dinner, I just take that one with me.

I don't own a clutch and right now I'm obsessed with getting one, but...I don't have a clutch life! I don't go to posh clubs or events, so I'm not sure it will get a lot (if any) use by me.
Do you have a clutch because you use it, or do you admire it in your closet hoping to have the right occasion to wear it one day?

Buy a clutch and then create opportunities to wear it. My bag collection has inspired me to up the fun/glamour factor in my rather ordinary life.

Sometimes we buy things because an event in life requires it's purchase, i.e. nursing bras. Sometimes purchasing an object tells us that we need a corresponding event. Listen to your closet (or what you wish was in your closet.)

I mainly use a clutch (aside from dress up occasions, wedding, etc) when I do not want to have to put my bag on the floor. Going to the movies, crowded restaurants, etc. I usually don't need much more than a few things anyway.

I never thought I would use or had any use for a clutch, but I was totally wrong! I now use a clutch when I'm shopping (if it has a strap/wristlet), to the movies, to the grocery store, anything! Granted I don't have any super formal ones, if I did I'm sure I'd have a harder time wearing those. Many clutches can be dressed down though! I just got a silk one in an emerald green, it's gorgeous but now I'm wondering where or what I'll wear it with, haha. I got it super cheap so I don't feel too bad if I don't use it a lot!

ooh i'm glad i found this thread!!! curently i'm debating should i buy ysl bdj clutch or not because it looks so nice and looks like a kind of clutch that i can use for years. but just like you, i have no clutch life. but after reading this..maybe i should be prepared and get the black patent BDJ... .

I use mine when I meet up with my friends for lunch/dinner or if we are going for the movies. One good thing that has come out of it is that I'm less likely to shop when I'm using the clutch because i'm too lazy to carry more bags. :P

.:Sprigged:. said:
I think they are super chic, but hard to use in NYC - I always feel someone will snatch it away.

I use mine in the city. They're great for short haunts. Went to a French restaurant tonight with my BF, and the clutch made my outfit more elegant.

Not only do I not have a clutch life, I have no life lol.

LOL - what came to my mind when I saw the title....

anyways, definitely no clutch life with 3 kiddos but I have a fendi evening clutch , quite a large one actually, which I take for weddings and other rare evening events I might attend. I would never part with it although I might only use it once or twice a year.

i also have a small celine envelope chain bag, and like others suggested I use this as my cross-body bag when I don't need much or as a clutch when I run errands on my own or for less formal events as my evening bag. even for our travel docs when flying, like oversized wallet. one of the most versatile bags I ever bought.

http://forum.purseblog.com/celine/celebrity-in-celine-634004.html

it's the one in post 11 but I have it in navy blue.

This is totally me, no clutch life to speak of, but I keep wanting one because they are so purdy.

Taking a clutch to the theatre or the movies seems like a good idea, but am I the only person who gets terribly thirsty and always has to take a water bottle everywhere? That pretty much rules out a clutch... :sad:

I don't really have a "clutch life" either per say but I do have a whole drawer full of them as I am in denial:P I use them for when I go to dinner w/ my hubby, short errands when I don't need a ton, or the rare night we go to an event or party.

I don't really have a "clutch" life either, a couple of formal dining, couple of events here and there per year. I have 1 "pure" clutch(ferrogamo) and 2 2-way clutches (LV & Celine). I use the Ferrogamo strictly for formal occasions because it is very dressy. Other 2 I use often just go out in the evenings. I carry them as clutches or use the shoulder strap instead. I love it it's so light! Another good store to look for a 2-way is Dior. They do lovely "miss Dior" quilted long wallet which can then be doubled up as clutches or small wrist or should bag. The chain come with.

My all time fav is still the BV knotted clutch, though I use the BV clutch only when i go for dinner parties. Started using clutches on a more "full time" basis since last year actually, and I've got a drawer full of them now! I used to lug around a big bag full of stuff until I started using clutches! Guess because its so small, it makes me prioritize what I need to bring out with me... For work, I use an envelope sized clutch. Super easy to use especially when you're out and about all the time!