Owners of the Artsy

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I have been wanting an Artsy MM for a long time, but I am concerned that the strap will be uncomfortable on my shoulder. I know that this bag was originally meant to be a hand-held bag, but now it is listed as a shoulder bag on the LV website.

For those of you that own this bag, is it uncomfortable on the shoulder? Are you happy with your purchase or do you regret it? If you regret it, what would you have chose instead?

Hand-held?? I never heard that. I've had the Artsy since it first came out and always use it as a shoulder bag. It's very comfortable :smile: Plus the handle does soften a bit with usage.

If you are going on a LONG shopping trip, I would not recommend carrying your Arsty that day. I have done this and, yes, I had red marks on my shoulder from the strap. I keep EVERYTHING in my bag, though. I have a 2 year old so I keep extra stuff for her, pull ups, etc... It's not so bad if you don't weigh your bag down, though. I don't really regret my purchase, but sometimes I do wonder if I would have liked the Delightful better b/c of the strap. The Artsy looks better IMO so I'm still a happy girl. And I do carry it a lot, shoulder pain and all LOL. Sometimes I guess beauty is pain :/

I did have issues with the Artsy when I first bought it. I didnt allow for a breaking in period so I sold her. Fast forward a few months. I really missed her and wanted her back! I bought another one, hung her over the doorknob for a couple weeks when I wasnt using her and voila! Perfection! The handle curves and fits my shoulder perfectly and no pain. Its a great bag...just give the handle time to properly break in and you'll be in LVoe!

You've got to let the handle get "broken-in" but after a few wears it is really comfy. I always use it when I'm traveling or when I just want a good comfy shoulder bag. On the note of it being a handheld bag, my SA did tell me that they are told to sell it as such, but you can wear it either way.

helpful thread thanks! i am debating between the artsy empreinte and the damier evora. i was concerned about the handle on the artsy, as well as the fact that it stays open and has no closure. i don't love the fact that if i set it down people can see all the contents of the bag!