Owners of S/S 2010 Black Bags.. Is the color holding up?

BagsR4Me

Throw it in da bag!!
O.G.
Oct 7, 2008
Sorry if this has already been asked.

I've been doing a search and have seen threads regarding color fading and/or green undertones on bags starting with 2007-2009, so I would like to know if the S/S 2010 bags have the same issue.

If you own a black 2010 bag (especially from S/S season), please let me know how the color is holding up. Also include what the color looked like when you first got it (jet black, soft black, some green undertones, etc.) as opposed to now. I don't usually like using chemicals or other products on my bags, so I would like to know before-hand what to expect with these bags.

Thank you so much!! :smile:

I have a 2010 f/w black rggh pt and the color is holding up. Received it jet black and its still jet black. I doubt there would be much of a difference between f/w and s/s. HTH!

I have a s/s 2010 and mine is a soft black, but I have find it a bit dry in the way that nail scratched "white marks" are very susceptible. I've only had it for 3 months, the color is still the same but the white marks annoy me, I'm not sure if it needs conditioning or what. Also, since I bought it online, I was hoping it was a jet black color, what's the color on yours? And does it have the same characteristics as mine?

I have a 2010 f/w black rggh pt and the color is holding up. Received it jet black and its still jet black. I doubt there would be much of a difference between f/w and s/s. HTH!

Saira, thank you for the info. I wasn't really sure if certain seasons' leather varied more than others. I appreciate your input. :smile:

I have a s/s 2010 and mine is a soft black, but I have find it a bit dry in the way that nail scratched "white marks" are very susceptible. I've only had it for 3 months, the color is still the same but the white marks annoy me, I'm not sure if it needs conditioning or what. Also, since I bought it online, I was hoping it was a jet black color, what's the color on yours? And does it have the same characteristics as mine?

Lulussita, thank you for your reply. This is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for from 2010 black Bbag owners. :flowers:

I don't have the bag yet. I'm interested in buying one, but I wanted to get more info. about the S/S 2010 bags before taking the plunge. I don't own a black Bbag yet, so I just wanted to get others' input first.

The seller described the color on the particular bag I'm interested in as a soft black, but she said that it's not dry (except for maybe one small spot).

Maybe some conditioning would help your bag. Do you usually condition your bags?

Anyone else care to share information on their 2010 black bags? Please. :biggrin:

TIA

BagsR4Me, I'm planning to buy a conditioner for it. To be honest, I find it a bit dry and the soft black appearance doesn't help, because it shows white/greyinsh between the distressing, like cracked if you know what I mean. I think the conditioner would help a bit. I'm seeing Saira1214 picture looks jet black, mine for sure is not. I'm not sure why was it changed from fall to summer in the same year. Mine looks like the picture you have on your profile pic, white-ish cast to it, which adds to the dry looking effect.

If you are looking for a true jet black, this is not the one :sad:

Hope it helps.

BagsR4Me, I'm planning to buy a conditioner for it. To be honest, I find it a bit dry and the soft black appearance doesn't help, because it shows white/greyinsh between the distressing, like cracked if you know what I mean. I think the conditioner would help a bit. I'm seeing Saira1214 picture looks jet black, mine for sure is not. I'm not sure why was it changed from fall to summer in the same year. Mine looks like the picture you have on your profile pic, white-ish cast to it, which adds to the dry looking effect.

If you are looking for a true jet black, this is not the one :sad:

Hope it helps.

Thanks again for the info. I hope the conditioner helps with the dryness of your bag. Saira's bag in her avatar does look nice and jet black. The one in my avatar is not a black bag at all. It's actually Anthracite (grayish blue). But I think I know what you mean. Again, thanks for your input.

I didn't buy the bag I was considering. I'll hold off until I can find one that is jet black.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. :smile: