Owners of Chanel Stretch Spirit -- urgent help needed!

bearkeeper

Jan 12, 2007
Hi guys,

I recently bought a calfskin Stretch Spirit bag from an Ebay seller and I'm noticing the hardware a little puzzling. The zipper pull and key hook doesn't match another Chanel bag (cabas) I have. It also didn't match the denim stretch spirit I saw at the Chanel boutique, either.

I need help from owners of the stretch spirit! Please reply, too, if you have the vinyl version or the denim but just in case the calfskin, for some reason, had different hardware, I especially need to hear from the calfskin owners. Not sure if Chanel was trying something different on the calfskin style or if this is something I should worry about.

If you can attach your own pics, that would be so great and helpful, but even if you can't, please take a look at the pics I'm attaching and compare to your own bags. Ignore the leather color, just look at the hardware please.

1) Does your zipper pull look like A or B?
2) Does your key hook look like A or B?
3) Where was your bag purchased if you don't mind answering?
4) Which version (calfskin, denim, or vinyl) do you have?

Thank you soooooo much for your help!
You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Attachments

• zipper pull.jpg
    zipper pull.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • key hook.jpg
    key hook.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 499
I'm sorry, I dont have this bag so I dont have anything of value to add but I can definately see why u r concerned. From the looks of those pics.... Zipper A and Key hook A look VERY suspect :shocked:

Did you have the bag you purchased authenticated?

Hi
I have the vinyl but I took some pics to try and help although they aren't very good pics...I think mine matches the B's in your pics..here they are..and I purchased it from a NM--let me know if I can help further..

Attachments

• stretch spirit 005internet.JPG
    stretch spirit 005internet.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 425
  • stretch spirit 006internet.JPG
    stretch spirit 006internet.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 411
So far I agree with what the others are saying. The A's look very suspect and if you look closely to the zippers that have "CHANEL" engraved into them, the letters have a grainy pattern in the grooves and don't look laser cut. The edges around the letters on the zipper pull also look sharp which wouldn't be the case with a real one. I've also never seen a gap like that in anything Chanel makes. Good luck with this!

hi OP, here are the pix of my stretch spirit. I didn't have the box for this bag and hence I do not know the actual style number. But I copied the picture on the website so that I can get my friend to buy this bag from me when she was in Paris.

Attachments

• IMG_9845.jpg
    IMG_9845.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_9846.jpg
    IMG_9846.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Chanel Calfskin Cabas.jpg
    Chanel Calfskin Cabas.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 441
The lobster clasps and the pull zipper.

Check the interlocking of the "CC" logo. The top "C" on the right should interlock on top of the "C" on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_9838.jpg
    IMG_9838.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_9837.jpg
    IMG_9837.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_9836.jpg
    IMG_9836.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 418
Here are some stitching for you to cross reference and the leather has some "glitters" to it.

Attachments

• IMG_9831.jpg
    IMG_9831.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_9833.jpg
    IMG_9833.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_9834.jpg
    IMG_9834.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 403
Thanks gaga ser! I'll show these pics to the Chanel expert that's been helping me. She's trying to help me with the authenticating the bag. Thanks everyone else, too!

The lobster clasps and the pull zipper.

Check the interlocking of the "CC" logo. The top "C" on the right should interlock on top of the "C" on the left.

The hologram sticker should be on a piece of leather tab on the inside of the bag. The internal is made of fabric.

Pls also cross check the chanel and made in italy stamping.

Attachments

• IMG_9839.jpg
    IMG_9839.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_9841.jpg
    IMG_9841.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_9840.jpg
    IMG_9840.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 407
And the strap inside has these rings, one on each side to prevent the straps from being loop-sided so that it's even out when carried.

Attachments

• IMG_9842.jpg
    IMG_9842.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_9843.jpg
    IMG_9843.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_9835.jpg
    IMG_9835.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 407