Overwhelmed by options?

oceanplease

Aug 9, 2009
I'm going on vacation in a few days and have managed to save up a decent amount of cash for someone who still makes just above minimum wage. I was planning on buying some new designer stuff (maybe a bag, a pair of shoes and maybe some accessories). I don't tend to buy very much over the course of the year because it just takes me so long to save enough to get something really awesome. I'm trying to start investing in classic and quality- something I'll be able to use 5 years down the road. I'm also starting school again (studying Fashion and Business) so I feel that added pressure as well. I'd like to replace my old Kate Spade wallet with something a bit dressier and more mature but there are so many I like- how to choose? Do I want to blow the budget on one item or a few smaller or cheaper things?

Do any of you get overwhelmed by all the choice for products now? It's so hard to decide, sometimes I feel like giving up. I end up getting so anxious that I'll get the wrong item and regret it. I don't have much money to work with so I definitely don't want to waste it.

Such a petty problem was I was curious whether any of the fellow shopping lovers has felt like this before! How did you deal with it?

p.s. sorry if there's a better place for this, I wasn't sure where this question would fit best :smile:

I do not feel that the luxury market is overwhelming whatsoever. I have a few brands that I love and am loyal to, and I rarely branch out. That being said, what brands speak to you? I personally carry a Louis Vuitton Damier zippy wallet, and I love it. I think it's classy & timeless yet understated; it doesn't scream designer.

When you say you wish to invest in classic and quality pieces, what are you looking for exactly? Outerwear? Wardrobe staples? Shoes? Bags? Jewelry? Watches? Is there a particular item you've been longing for? Honestly, don't let your money burn a hole in your pocket. If there is nothing that immediately pops into your head, don't buy anything. Why not take your money with you on vacation and just browse several shops. If you see something that you cannot live without, buy it. If not, keep saving your money.