Overwhelmed by color choices - good neutral?

cvu79

Bucky Katt
O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
Hi everyone, I want to purchase my first Evelyne GM but I'm not sure on the color. I've gone through all of the reference library and have seen beautiful options, but decided that I'm more of a neutral girl.

I love cross body bags and already have a brown (damier) LV and a grey (anthracite) Balenciaga.

What's a good neutral color for an Evelyne? I was thinking gold, but would that be too similar to my brown damier? I mainly wear darker/black clothes and never wear browns. Is a black Evelyne too boing? Is there a dark red/burgundy option? What other Hermes colors are considers "neutrals"?

Thanks!

Hi yes gold will be too similar to your brown damier.. for neutrals u can go for eutope or Gris T they r v v nice!!

But if u are worried that it will be too close to your grey (anthracite) Balenciaga then maybe u can go for darker blue range like the Indigo? However I dunno if Evelyn Gm comes in darker blue shades or not... in any case all the best to you!! :smile:

Last edited:
If you like to stay in your comfort zone :
Etoupe. Because it goes with everything, all year. Especially if you wear dark clothing.
Bleu Orage. Because it is a dark kameleon neutral that again, goes with everything.
Graphite. For the same reason.
Black: Because it's black.

If you feel like crossing a line :
A bright red : Rouge Casaque, Rouge Garance.
A signature Hermes Color : Orange. Bleu Jean.
A light neutral: Gris tourterelle. Parchemin. Craie. Ciel.

Don't stay in between... don't do Dark red, Dark green etc...

I would go gold or etoupe. One is warm, one is cool. Most people suit one more than the other. I have 'neutral' colouring, can wear either.

Go to the store and try both colours on, you'll probably be drawn to one or the other.

If you fancy trying a brighter neutral, H reds are fabulous and very neutral.

Good luck and have fun choosing :smile:

I think Gold is a great neutral. But what about a darker green, like Canopèe?
See post #649 in this thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/spring-summer-2013-podium-order-760845-44.html

Another great neutral would be Etoupe IMO. Or, if you like red, something red.
I like Rouge Garrance in Evelyne, and it would be something completely different than you already have :smile:.

Do you think the etoupe is too close to my grey anthracite? I do like the Garance suggestion!

Gris T gets my vote hands down, such a warm 'alive' grey. Watch the resin color on lighter bags though, I find it can make or break a bag for me. Gris T has black resin, which is perfect if you wear a lot of black and grey and not brown.

I would say Etoupe or Bleu Orage, both lovely neutral colours. I have just posted pics of my new Bleu Orage in a post title "wrong colour"
Check it out, the colour in the picture is very true to actual colour

Do you think the etoupe is too close to my grey anthracite? I do like the Garance suggestion!

It's in the same dark family, and while Etoupe is lighter than anthracite, I think Rouge Garrance would be a better add to your collection for some variation. Different in color, easy to wear, and you simply can't go wrong with Rouge Garrance IMO ;). There's also Rouge Casaque, but the last one is brighter than Rouge Garrance, so I think Rouge Garrance might be a better option for you.