overstock.com

LAGirl504

Dec 17, 2007
Hello, fellow Gucci lovers.

I just want to advise everyone to check the retail prices on Gucci items before purchasing them overstock.com. I purchased a classic waistbag from them on March 24th and recieved it about 1 week ago. The description had it priced for $469 (18% off retail). I hastily purchased because I missed out on a few opportunities. After getting back from vacations, I opened the package and loved the bag. However, I was so disappointed in myself after checking the retail value of Gucci.com. It was $455 (more than gucci.com)! And so, I contacted overstock.com. The customer service representative and supervisor refused to issue a price adjustment because it was over 5 days and offered me a $20 in store credit. I'm upset because I think it's fraud to mark-up retail prices to call it a sale. I am going to return it and get one from gucci.com. At least, I'll get a Gucci box with all the ribbon.

I'm more upset with myself because I didn't do my homework and now . . . I'm sticking with Bluefly to catch to sales.

hey guys it's ALWAYS good to check...but keep in mind that they are NOT liable for your mistake

i know it sucks that they are charging more than retail, but that is there right....it's kind of the same as buying a bag that is limited edition and marking it up because everyone wants it!

so this is an AWESOME thread telling people to WATCH OUT and double check their purchases....but again it is not illegal on the part of the website :smile:

(sucks huh!)

I would definately send it back to overstock. I'm sure you saved a little bit on shipping and taxes, but I think gucci.com was having free shipping sometime this week. BF is great for gucci sales. Especially with no tax and sometimes free shipping!!! Oh and also extra 10% off somtimes too.

Yes, I would send it back, and when you DO order it from GUCCI I would let them know what happened. I know it's not illegal, but it's still unethical... yes, they CAN mark up the prices but they CAN'T lie about the "retail" if you ask me... THAT'S the part that I think isn't fair. Do they take returns? I've never bought from overstock but I do love bluefly...

If I'm not mistaken, overstock charges a restocking fee....you should ask first before you return it because it may end up costing you more in the end to return it than to keep it.

Yes, I would send it back, and when you DO order it from GUCCI I would let them know what happened. I know it's not illegal, but it's still unethical... yes, they CAN mark up the prices but they CAN'T lie about the "retail" if you ask me... THAT'S the part that I think isn't fair. Do they take returns? I've never bought from overstock but I do love bluefly...

Yes, overstock.com said that the return wouldn't be a problem . . . just as long as the red security tag isn't removed. I never carried the bag or removed it. The customer service rep has already sent a return label. He informed me that there would be a $4.50 return charge for using the shipping label. He also told me that it would that 4 weeks to process this return. I will keep you guy posted on this.

Oh my, I'm certain its authentic. However, I'm not an expert!