Oversized Coach sunnies - how do you deal?

jas_252

Nov 4, 2007
I recently bought a pair of Coach Belle sunnies from eBay. Unfortunately its too big for my face (at least that's what the optician I consulted said) and it keeps sliding down my nose. But I think it's absolutely gorgeous :love: and don't want to get rid of it. Do any of you have any idea how to prevent the slipping? It's quite troublesome having to push it up every other minute. Any experience with dealing with this problem?

I've always worn oversized sunglasses... I just bought a pair of COACH sunnies, but those never slide down my nose... I have a bigger pair that are Versace and those I like to wear a little down my nose and they slide a little, but for me they look better that way! ... otherwise what I would suggest is if they are metal sunnies to bend the nose pieces in more, that way they will stay on better... just a thought otherwise maybe google ways to keep sunnies on? there's always good info on the net if you do some research!.. :tup:

I dont have that problem and I'm unfamiliar with that style but you can get stick on nose pads for sunnies to make the fit more snug around your nose.

... there's always good info on the net if you do some research!.. :tup:

I did! But all I could find was what NOT to get when buying glasses. Which isn't that helpful since I already bought them and all... :sweatdrop: So I thought to check here to see if any of you had similar problems with Coach sunnies and whether you managed to fix it.

... you can get stick on nose pads for sunnies to make the fit more snug around your nose.

Thanks nawth! I headed downtown to the more upmarket optical shops, since my local opticians obviously didn't know about these, and managed to buy a pair of those. It wasn't cheap since it was imported from Japan but the sunnies sit much better already. :supacool:

I :heart: this forum! You gals rock!!!

i had a pair of plastic reading glasses and b/c they dont have the metal nose piece so the optician heated them a little and bent them slightly so they sat on the bridge of my nose better. You can try that

Are you asian? I'm chinese, and most asians have a flat nose bridge. Hence, I cannot wear those oversized sunglasses without nose pads. It's so annoying, I love those sunglass styles, but I can't wear them! My best friend (also chinese) has a flat nose bridge and fell in love with the Peony Coach sunglasses. She brought them to her optometrist and he drilled nose pads into the sunglasses. They look so great on her!

But just an fyi, about 3-4 months afterwards, she was slipping them on her face, and the sunglasses totally broke down the middle! It was so horrifying, we wanted to cry. She takes very good of her sunglasses and doesn't drop them or anything. But her optometrist explained that it was probably just the pressure of the little screws from the nose pads in the plastic frame; it was inevitable that the frames would crack and break.

That's just my two cents. Be careful if you're going to drill nose pads in them. Good luck! :tup: I've included a picture of my friend and her Peony sunglasses, before they broke.

Attachments

• n28002876_30822138_2523.jpg
    n28002876_30822138_2523.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 149
I wear prescription glasses so every time I get a new pair (including Coach frames!! Yay!) the optical technician has to adjust them a lot for me, mainly in curving the part that goes around the ear as others have said. Otherwise they would slide right off my face. It works great! They also recommend I get them readjusted if needed because they will change a bit after time. They have this special contraption there (that contains hot sand maybe?) to heat them up so they will bend properly but not mess up the plastic - just fyi, many years ago I tried to do this myself at my house, and it didn't really work, and the plastic got messed up. Good luck in getting your frames to work for you! :supacool:

Sorry it took ages to reply. I went to Korea and visited the Teddy Bear Museum. Updated my avatar with a picture of the LV Bear btw! :love: LOL

Are you asian?

Yes I am! ;)

My best friend (also chinese) has a flat nose bridge and fell in love with the Peony Coach sunglasses. She brought them to her optometrist and he drilled nose pads into the sunglasses. They look so great on her!

But just an fyi, about 3-4 months afterwards, she was slipping them on her face, and the sunglasses totally broke down the middle! It was so horrifying, we wanted to cry. She takes very good of her sunglasses and doesn't drop them or anything. But her optometrist explained that it was probably just the pressure of the little screws from the nose pads in the plastic frame; it was inevitable that the frames would crack and break.

That's just my two cents. Be careful if you're going to drill nose pads in them. Good luck! :tup: I've included a picture of my friend and her Peony sunglasses, before they broke.

OMG, that's horrible! It's a pity, they really look good on her. Maybe she can try the stick-on nose pads next time?

I wear prescription glasses so every time I get a new pair (including Coach frames!! Yay!) the optical technician has to adjust them a lot for me, mainly in curving the part that goes around the ear as others have said. Otherwise they would slide right off my face. It works great! They also recommend I get them readjusted if needed because they will change a bit after time. They have this special contraption there (that contains hot sand maybe?) to heat them up so they will bend properly but not mess up the plastic - just fyi, many years ago I tried to do this myself at my house, and it didn't really work, and the plastic got messed up. Good luck in getting your frames to work for you! :supacool:

Ooooh, that sounds interesting. I've got to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

I wear oversized sunglasses and never bothered me. However, the regular sized sunglasses always slide off, though. I could put them on and bend my head towards the floor, and the sunglasses will fall right off. The bigger glasses fits perfectly though.