Oversized Alexa

Izzy48

IZZY
O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
This week I ordered an oversized Alexa from one of the NYC stores, and now I am worried. Yesterday I had my Bayswater loaded with personal/work items and it was so heavy it actually hurt my arm and shoulder. My fault for loading it so but it is such a great bag it takes the weight and keeps its shape.

So, I have started second guessing myself about the weight of the Alexa I ordered. Those of you with an oversized---what do you think of the weight? I will be miserable if I paid what I did and the bag kills my shoulder. Of course, it can be carried as a cross body---please give your opinion!

One last question, I was traveling with my Bayswater and the flight attendant forced me to put my bag in the overhead compartment. Has anyone else had that problem?

The OS Alexa is not designed to be loaded with a lot of weight anyway, from what I've heard and read. There have been previous issues with the strap coming loose, I think. I don't think the bag itself weighs too much but the general consensus seems to be that the bag should not be loaded with a lot of weight.

The OS Alexa is not designed to be loaded with a lot of weight anyway, from what I've heard and read. There have been previous issues with the strap coming loose, I think. I don't think the bag itself weighs too much but the general consensus seems to be that the bag should not be loaded with a lot of weight.
Thanks for the information and I wasn't aware of that. I am a long time Mulberry buyer but I haven't paid too much attention to the oversized. Not sure why I ordered it. Love your Bal's!

Definitely don't overload the os Lexy! A sales assistant showed me a trick how to make the strap shorter and more comfy - I'd use it for a day out, with plenty of room for stowing your brolly, light jacket etc, but not for carrying anything mega heavy!

Definitely don't overload the os Lexy! A sales assistant showed me a trick how to make the strap shorter and more comfy - I'd use it for a day out, with plenty of room for stowing your brolly, light jacket etc, but not for carrying anything mega heavy!
So I won't be able to use for files or anything like that??? I didn't realize this and the person who always helps me didn't mention it. She knew I wanted it for trips so I wouldn't have to take an additional work case on board the plane. It will hold an iPad with a key board won't it?

Is it delicate or something? My Alexa seems sturdy and I think the leather is buffalo and I know the leather is buffalo on the one I just ordered. Well, looks as if I have purchased the wrong thing. However, it is a super looking bag! Do you know how Mulberry is about returns?

It will definitely hold an iPad with no problem at all. However, if I were to have very heavy items in my Alexa, I would hug it rather than carry it by its handle or strap.

I agree! I think she'll get a very saggy bottom, at best, and could possibly break, at worst, if you load her up with files and heavy, bulky items. I envisage using her for days when you might need to stow away a jacket (ie bulky but light) along with your usual wallet, phone, ipad, cosmetics bag, brolly etc etc ... Other ladies might have a different opinion; I haven't actually used the oversized Lexy, just the regular. That said, I could get all the above into my silky snake Lexy - just not the coat! - without mishap! Perhaps a bag liner or shaper might help?

I have a feeling that there might be a thread devoted to the Lexy and her carrying ability somewhere ...

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted! :smile:

The OS Alexa, in herself, is as light as a feather. I have had mine for many years and, albeit for some tarnish on the lock, she looks exactly as she did on the day I bought her. If used sensibly, this bag will serve you very well.

The OS Alexa, in herself, is as light as a feather. I have had mine for many years and, albeit for some tarnish on the lock, she looks exactly as she did on the day I bought her. If used sensibly, this bag will serve you very well.
Thanks for the information. Mine arrived today and I see what everyone said is very true. This is buffalo leather and very wrinkled. The box was damaged so one side of the Alexa was affected. Not sure if I will keep it. The color is fabulous, it is light weight and just an awesome bag but I don't like the really used look when it just arrived. In all probability it will wear out the dent in the side. My blue Alexa is polished buffalo and there is a lot of difference. Will decide tomorrow.

Thanks for the information. Mine arrived today and I see what everyone said is very true. This is buffalo leather and very wrinkled. The box was damaged so one side of the Alexa was affected. Not sure if I will keep it. The color is fabulous, it is light weight and just an awesome bag but I don't like the really used look when it just arrived. In all probability it will wear out the dent in the side. My blue Alexa is polished buffalo and there is a lot of difference. Will decide tomorrow.
Final decision-I had to return it because it will not work for a business bag and at present I need a business bag. Not going to buy anything as expensive as Mulberry for business so I think I will look at Coach because I have seen some nice bags with webbed shoulder straps. In the future, I will reconsider an OS Alexa because it is so nice. Absolutely loved the oak color. Can anyone tell me why the soft buffalo is so different from the polished buffalo??? Also, why would a new Mulberry come with no covering on the hardware? Does anyone have any idea?