Oversight - NOT!!!

mwill1123

violet
Jan 4, 2009
Has anyone else had this happen .... I swear at least three times, when I've gone to the outlets with a 20% off coupon, the SA will tell me the price and I'm shocked ... then I ask her if she's taken the 20% off and she says "Oh, no I must've forgotten" ... this has happened to me at more than one outlet. Hmmm..?

I wonder how that happens, did she just forget to scan the coupon? I thought that as long as the coupon is scanned, the 20% is deducted automatically without the SA having to manually do anything to apply the discount.

That specifically hasn't happened to me, but something similar has. I bought a Julianne which was supposed to be 30% off of $458, then an additional 20% off with the coupon. Well I didn't get the 30%, so I paid $458 - 20% when it should have been $458 - 30% - 20%. I'm going to try to get that fixed tomorrow. I do believe mine was an oversight though, I think the 30% just didn't apply in the system or whatever. I bought a lot of other stuff with the Julianne so neither I nor the SA noticed that the total price was a little high. I'd hope your SA's aren't "accidentally on purpose" forgetting to apply the discount, that would be horrible!

That specifically hasn't happened to me, but something similar has. I bought a Julianne which was supposed to be 30% off of $458, then an additional 20% off with the coupon. Well I didn't get the 30%, so I paid $458 - 20% when it should have been $458 - 30% - 20%.

Hey--that exact same thing happened to me when I got my Steel Julianne at the outlet about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if the Julianne's just aren't in the system correctly. I caught it at the register and the SA actually called a manager over to confirm that it was 30% off like I said!

I'm glad you caught it at the register! My outlet is 2.5 hours away and I didn't even realize it until several days after I had went. Mine is a steel, too. I hope I don't have a problem getting my money back, I still have the tags on the bag and the receipt.

That happened to me two days ago!! I usually calculate everything before I get to the register so that I know what to expect and I knew that she forgot to give me the discount.

I think there's a possibility that the SA "overlooked" giving you the extra discount, but we ALL need to watch for it. I'm sure they'll skip over it if they think they can get away with it!!!

It happened to me too, they took the 20% off my Sabrina and not the initial 30%. I knew something was not right but I was late for a bridal shower and really had to run out of there. Checked the receipt later and realized that the small leather Sabrina was more expensive than the large one!!!

When I brought it back, the SA said that the discounts on some of the bags have to be put in manually so it is really worthwhile to check the receipt before leaving the store.

The one thing I really don't like is, since it's their fault, why can't they do a price adjustment and credit the difference back in my account instead of doing a return and then purchase again. I don't typically return too many bags but I don't like that I am penalized for their mistake.

When you say penalized, what do you mean? I've read different thoughts about whether returns are flagged in their system, and have no idea what's correct.

But yeah I agree, they should have a better way of doing it. I wish they could credit my account over the phone with a faxed copy of the receipt or something, especially since I'm 2.5 hours away.

The one thing I really don't like is, since it's their fault, why can't they do a price adjustment and credit the difference back in my account instead of doing a return and then purchase again. I don't typically return too many bags but I don't like that I am penalized for their mistake.

The return and repurchase is how Coach does price adjustments. The reason for return on the receipt should be price adjustment (as opposed to changed mind or damaged or whatever). There's no penalty for it.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to check your receipt immediately because it's not uncommon for cashiers to forget to enter coupon codes after scanning all your stuff or for the discount to be wrong in the computer for some items.

Same thing happen to me I found out that some of the Sabrina and juliannes where not comming up on sale so the sa sometimes doesn't pay attention. I ended up having to go back and get my price adjust.

When I've made purchases with a 10% off coupon, I hand the printout to the SA when I bring my purchases to the register, and they put it to the side while they are ringing up my items. I keep track in my head of the amount of my purchases because I only allow myself so much to spend ..... then I (at least the first time) panic because it appears that I went so much over my allottment, that's when I ask "Is that with the 20% off" and their response is "Oops!"

Has anyone else had this happen .... I swear at least three times, when I've gone to the outlets with a 20% off coupon, the SA will tell me the price and I'm shocked ... then I ask her if she's taken the 20% off and she says "Oh, no I must've forgotten" ... this has happened to me at more than one outlet. Hmmm..?

That just happened to me on Tuesday! I gave the SA the 20% off coupon, she didn't even bother to look at it, threw it away, quoted me the price and I knew it was too high, I asked her if she took the 20% coupon off and I got that response, Oh, no I didn't thanks for reminding me...like I wouldn't know my prices!!

You know, I think a lot of the problem is that they are still selling some of the bags in the FP boutiques even though they're at the outlet. So, since they have the same style number, and only one price can be linked to a single style number they're running into these sort of problems.

I bought a perforated gray Zoe last weekend and it rang up FP and the SA called someone from the floor to verify the sign that was on the display.

As far as not applying a coupon, I think that's a training issue not on purpose.

A few weeks ago I used a 20% off coupon at the AC outlet the same day they were handing out 10% off coupons at the door. I handed the SA the 20% off coupon but for some reason she scanned a 10% off coupon instead. I caught it before I left the counter and she fixed her error, but she really did not have a good attitude about the whole thing. I felt like I was annoying her (and holding up the long line), but if she had been more careful the mistake would have been avoided completely. Oh well.