Overrated movies

Dec 14, 2005
I thought this would be a fun topic. Certain movies are hyped up and sometimes arn't that great. Here is my list. What is on yours?

1. Citizen Kane. I'm sorry but I've tried to watch this movie like 6 times and I either A) Fall asleep B) Get bored and turn it off.

2. Chicago. By far the worst movie I've ever seen. How did this movie end up with so many Oscars?

3. Lost in Translation. This movie had no plot. I hated it.

:0 Lost in Translation was FABulous!

I agree that Titanic was overrated, and so was "The Ring." That movie was not all that scary.... and I'm VERY easily scared. :smile:

The Lord of the Rings 3. It seemed to go on forever. I stood up at least twice only to have the screen flash on again to another scene. And I just thought Frodo was the biggest dumbass in the world. :wacko:

2. Chicago. By far the worst movie I've ever seen. How did this movie end up with so many Oscars?

I AGREE!!!

The ring, the grudge..all of those japanese remakes. Same story in all of them...an angry spirit that has been done wrong. Blah.

Titanic
Breaking the Waves (ugh, it made us so seasick with all the handheld camera work we both got headaches and had to leave the theater about 30 minutes into the movie).
Magnolia

Personally, I find most big blockbuster movies to be pretty overrated. I prefer smaller, quieter movies that are about characters rather than car chases and explosions.