Overpaid for this WOC, should I keep it?

swtvt712

Nov 15, 2013
I have been searching for a metallic lamb WOC circa 2007, and finally found one on ebay. It was listed as new and I jumped at the chance of buying it. I paid $2350, which is over the current retail price of WOC but I really loved this wallet. It came and there were several clues indicating that it is used/with defects. I contacted the seller and instead of working out a compromise, the seller told me to look at their feedback and photos. I thought "HELLO! I don't need to look at your feedback or your photos because I have the actual wallet." I opened a claim with ebay listing all of the flaws with photos and the seller agreed to refund my if I sent the wallet back (if I pay for shipping). Would you return the wallet if you were me? I love the wallet and fear that I may not find it again but also I feel jypped that I paid so much for a defective wallet.

Here are the flaws:
1. There was lint/dirt/debris and hair inside the wallet, indicating previous use (not that big of a deal)
2. The edges of the wallet are worn down with the glazing and leather peeled off. (really bothers me)
3. One of the leather tabs on the zipper is separated apart. (bothers me some)
4. The flap of the wallet is warped and not straight. (bothers me some)
5. There is a heavy perfume scent from the wallet.

Attachments

• Worn Edges.JPG
    Worn Edges.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Worn edges normal zipper.JPG
    Worn edges normal zipper.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Unraveled Zipper.JPG
    Unraveled Zipper.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • Warped flap.JPG
    Warped flap.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 1,106
I would return it without a doubt. This woc looks pretty worn out. It's nowhere close to being new. You paid way too much for it... I think you will come across this color eventually!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I think it all comes down to this ... Was there complete disclosure of the condition of the WOC? Was there pics of the worn sections? Honestly, I would not purchase anything so worn at all let alone pay more than retail. If you feel the seller deceived you I would certainly send it back. You will find something wonderful in the future to spend the money on.

I think it all comes down to this ... Was there complete disclosure of the condition of the WOC? Was there pics of the worn sections? Honestly, I would not purchase anything so worn at all let alone pay more than retail. If you feel the seller deceived you I would certainly send it back. You will find something wonderful in the future to spend the money on.
The item was listed as new, there were only photos from far away so the missing glazing on the wallet was not visible in the listing. I think I will return it, but will ask them to pay for shipping. Hopefully I can find another...

+1

Sorry this happened to you

And they should pay the shipping since this is NAD!

I am pretty sure you will find something you love.

This season's reissue WOC is amazing! Love the caviar reissue and glazed leather reissue. Get a new one while supply lasts!

return it. Its not new. There are to many things that bother you. You may not find another but do you really want to keep this one?

I would return it. Although I agree the seller should pay for shipping, I would prob just pay it to get it returned and out of the way. Demanding they pay for shipping might just be a hassle. I can't believe anyone would try to sell this as new.

I have been searching for a metallic lamb WOC circa 2007, and finally found one on ebay. It was listed as new and I jumped at the chance of buying it. I paid $2350, which is over the current retail price of WOC but I really loved this wallet. It came and there were several clues indicating that it is used/with defects. I contacted the seller and instead of working out a compromise, the seller told me to look at their feedback and photos. I thought "HELLO! I don't need to look at your feedback or your photos because I have the actual wallet." I opened a claim with ebay listing all of the flaws with photos and the seller agreed to refund my if I sent the wallet back (if I pay for shipping). Would you return the wallet if you were me? I love the wallet and fear that I may not find it again but also I feel jypped that I paid so much for a defective wallet.

Here are the flaws:
1. There was lint/dirt/debris and hair inside the wallet, indicating previous use (not that big of a deal)
2. The edges of the wallet are worn down with the glazing and leather peeled off. (really bothers me)
3. One of the leather tabs on the zipper is separated apart. (bothers me some)
4. The flap of the wallet is warped and not straight. (bothers me some)
5. There is a heavy perfume scent from the wallet.

That's pretty bad and SNAD.

I had that problem too. A buyer said EXCELLENT used condition and the strap sealant was cracked and falling apart! Not what I consider good condition!