Overly Cautious Now - Item Sold on Bonanza

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
So I sold my LV Purse Hook on Bonanza. I was excited to see the e-mail in my inbox. After seeing so many threads about buyers who file SNAD, etc., I'm overly cautious now. I have my reasoning for this particular case, let me know what you think.

I get 3 different offers from the same person, and then a BIN. This was all yesterday/last night, and I didn't check my e-mail until this morning, so I didn't know I had any offers. She offered twice at $250, one at $260, and then bought it full price at $300. She just joined Bonanza on the 12th, bought my item on the 13th, but she did pay right away. I just get leery of the new buyer who purchases right away, on an item that isn't being sold by anyone else, so it's unique. She can't compare the item to another one since they are so rare, so she could easily have a dispute (well, a made up one).

How am I covered as a seller on Bonanza? I've only sold once on there and didn't have a problem, and I have all positive feedback from eBay and Bonanza, as a buyer and seller. I usually take pictures of when I'm packing the item so that it clearly shows the item was in there and wrapped up so that when opened, you can tell.

Am I being too paranoid? There have just been so many horror stories lately that I get nervous with things like these. I could use the money, and to have something happen where I lose out on the item and the money would be really bad. Thanks for any help!

I have suffered this sort of inner turmoil as your buyer did. I was looking for a specific LV bag and found one on bonanza, but thought I had to join to email the seller. So I joined and that day asked only about that one bag. I never followed through because I found the bag new, but it would've been my first Bonanza purchase and I joined specifically for that item. Also, I once wanted a LE LV bag from ebay but wanted a good deal. I did a best offer, but the seller didn't respond quick enough and I saw other people made offers, so I then upped my offer because I was agonizing for this bag. The seller still didn't get back to me quick enough, so I just did a buy it now. LOL so I think this happens, at least I do it, and I am a VERY good buyer.

Maybe your buyer is just someone like me? No intent to scam, just wanted something and went after it...

There is nothing wrong with being cautious but I don't think you already have to worry now! I would send her a friendly mail thanking her for her purchase and telling when you will send the item. Just do everything the way you should (delivery confirmation etc) and I am sure you will be fine :smile:

Thanks everyone! I did e-mail her, like I do as soon as I receive payment for anything I sell, and said thank you and that I would provide a tracking number as soon as I shipped the item out tomorrow.

I mean I definitely know I'm jumping the gun here about thinking something will happen, but with all the bad things happening lately, I just want to make sure I can be covered just in case!

The same thing happened to me, the buyer joined the same day and bought the handbag. It was the worst transaction ever.
I hope your experience will be different than mine, I would advise you to take many detailed pictures of the bag, just in case.

Don't forget to use a security tag to up your protection. This'll prevent the buyer from returning something used or not your original bag. And let your buyer know that if she does want a return, the tag must be in tact.

To find out what kind of seller protection you have, if any, check out the terms & conditions of whatever method of payment you're using. If it's PP, then look at the user agreement.

Don't know if you guys read the first post quickly or not, but it's not a bag but a purse hook. It was a gift from my SA that I never used, and it was just sitting in my closet, lol.

I don't accept returns or give refunds, so I'm just worried when she gets it, she'll file a claim or try and do a chargeback (not sure if she paid with a CC through paypal), so she can get her money back and keep the item. She didn't use Google checkout, so she's not covered by paypal through Bonanza, but who knows what she could do to try. I know I'm being paranoid, but it's because she's brand new to Bonanza, made the weird offers, and then just bought it.

According to the paypal transaction, I have seller protection, but it seems like it's only for the buyer receiving the item, not for SNAD, etc.

To find out what kind of seller protection you have, if any, check out the terms & conditions of whatever method of payment you're using. If it's PP, then look at the user agreement.

Sellers are never protected against SNADs on eBay, Bonz or anywhere else.

Why are you so worried about this transaction? Has she said/done anything strange or suspicious? I mean, other than maybe being overly anxious to buy the item--so she made offers, didn't hear back, and just went ahead and bought it. Have you spoken to her about her purchase to thank her for it and confirm her address? Anything weird there?

The only reason I'm cautious is because of her being brand new to Bonanza. She signed up, then bought my item the next day. I get worried with any 0 feedback buyer, because they're new and you never know what to expect. They have no history so you can't check to see if they've had problems before.

If the item was like $50 or something, I wouldn't care, because it's not as much as the $300 she paid, which I need, and then be out the item and the money.

I shipped it out today, so we'll see what happens.

The only reason I'm cautious is because of her being brand new to Bonanza. She signed up, then bought my item the next day. I get worried with any 0 feedback buyer, because they're new and you never know what to expect. They have no history so you can't check to see if they've had problems before.

If the item was like $50 or something, I wouldn't care, because it's not as much as the $300 she paid, which I need, and then be out the item and the money.

I shipped it out today, so we'll see what happens.

I think as long as you have proof of deliery you're in good shape. Bonanza is still new to a lot of people, even experienced Ebayer's.

Linda

I think you should be ok. Bonz gets a lot of 0 FB buyers that find listings thru google, so it's not uncommon for them to sign up the same day they buy the item. I've gotten a lot of these kind of buyers and so far haven't had a problem.