Overheard on the escalator...

krispin41

I love lamp.
O.G.
Jul 24, 2006
I work retail, and after I was off, I made a quick trip to the mall (where the parking lot gods smiled on me). I was dressed casually, jeans, Old Navy Polo, fleece jacket, tennis shoes, I was using my Denim Baggy PM and these two younger girls (I'm 33, maybe in their mid to late 20's) were talking about "I could never spend $1000 on a purse." "OMG, that is a mortgage payment!" And I turned around and said, "I'm worth it. Merry Christmas." :supacool:

I work retail, and after I was off, I made a quick trip to the mall (where the parking lot gods smiled on me). I was dressed casually, jeans, Old Navy Polo, fleece jacket, tennis shoes, I was using my Denim Baggy PM and these two younger girls (I'm 33, maybe in their mid to late 20's) were talking about "I could never spend $1000 on a purse." "OMG, that is a mortgage payment!" And I turned around and said, "I'm worth it. Merry Christmas." :supacool:

LOL at least they thought it was real!!! :P :yahoo:

I probably would have said the same thing when I was in my mid-twenties, but now I say hey, if you can afford it, why not? I like your response, though, that was great!

Nice LOL

LOL i used to be those girls... I'd walk by the LV store right next to the Coach store and mutter to my husband something about the "ugly" Louis vuitton monogram pattern and how they were all overpriced and i'd NEVER want one. I'm certainly eating my words now!